RWR still in experimental?

IronChancellor

DCS 2.7.1.6709 Open Beta
DCS MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3

• Adjusted Cockpit IBL and Ellipsoid Reflection settings.
  • Moved 'Special Features' SPO-10 to core code.
    • Users will no longer need to select the corrected functioning RWR.
  • Improved RSBN dialing precision.

After unchecking the experimental features box the rwr reverts to the old behavior. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Like 3

Has anyone any problems with this experimental feature? If not, then maybe time to move it to default and remove the special option....

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It's already been moved...

As for experimental feature option, it stays there. We have for it another purpose.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 12:39 AM, Apok said:

That purpose being?

I wonder as well?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 6/28/2021 at 10:37 PM, pepin1234 said:

probably they will leave that job for a bigger overhaul. GCI integration maybe, who knows... 

That would be amazing if we got lazur on this mig. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

23 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Yes, it should be considered part of the plane honestly.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

40 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Thank You, again, for causing me a wet daydreams for speculating a something amazing to arrive to Mig-21Bis.... Maybe I need to make a run for one parked nearby just to climb in the cockpit and pretend to be flying in DCS and making funny noises as a 5 year old kid... 

• Like 3

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

1 hour ago, Frederf said:

Lazur or POLYOT-OI (RSBN/PRMG), can't have both. MiG-21bis 75A and MiG-21bis 75B.

Bummer, you've crushed Fri13 dreams now. 

• Like 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how simply conversion from Lazur to Polyot was or if it was ever done. Not only is Polyot RSBN/PRMG but also it is SAU autopilot. Differences between would probably be extensive requiring returning to factory to be rebuilt as the other version.

On a more practical front, as much as I would love to see Lazur variant co-modeled, there are many features of existing "Fishbed N" that need developer effort with higher priority.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 11:49 PM, Matuchkin said:

I mean I don't get why there can't be an option to fit this plane with either POLYOT-1 or Lazur. This is still a flight simulator, and flight sims had configurable aircraft systems/interiors/engines/etc for decades.

I'm with Matuchkin. It would be silly to say that the option cannot be given. Thankfully in a sim you do not have to send your aircraft to the factory for refit. Much like we do not have to wait for ages to have our munitions strapped to our chosen jet when re-arming...etc

Well, we already have upcoming Black Shark 3, MiG-19P with an RWR system that has never been on that exact model at all, the recent Harrier loadout shenanigans, FrankenJeff block 1 with a block 2 refueling boom (and maybe block 3 HMCS in the future, who knows) and the KH-66 that our Bis model never had, so an option in the mission editor to mount Lazur or Polyot is not all that much to ask for. Another matter entirely is that Lazur would have no use currently because DCS has no GCI vectoring, like, at all, only AWACS bull calls. That may change when we have dynamic campaign mechanics, corresponding mission generators and (hopefully) an AI real-time ground control system for Lazur to use. Until then there's simply no way to implement it.

14 hours ago, Bagpipe said:

I'm with Matuchkin. It would be silly to say that the option cannot be given. Thankfully in a sim you do not have to send your aircraft to the factory for refit. Much like we do not have to wait for ages to have our munitions strapped to our chosen jet when re-arming...etc

You do, however, have to wait for the devs to put significant hours and expenditure into remodelling and retexturing the cockpit to fit the systems (izd. 75B isn't just changing one gauge, it's substantially rearranging several panels in the cockpit including on the walls), programming the systems from scratch (Lazur adds an entire new control unit that takes up most of the left side of the cockpit wall), adding tutorials, rewriting the manual, and getting all of this tested and in the game. This isn't a modern jet where you add a new page to the MFD, this is a substantial physical alteration to the aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rossmum said:

You do, however, have to wait for the devs to put significant hours and expenditure into remodelling and retexturing the cockpit to fit the systems (izd. 75B isn't just changing one gauge, it's substantially rearranging several panels in the cockpit including on the walls), programming the systems from scratch (Lazur adds an entire new control unit that takes up most of the left side of the cockpit wall), adding tutorials, rewriting the manual, and getting all of this tested and in the game. This isn't a modern jet where you add a new page to the MFD, this is a substantial physical alteration to the aircraft.

Yes, but still within the realms of possibility. Prob won't happen but all I am saying is it could happen if the devs chose to make it so 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Am 4.8.2021 um 12:56 schrieb Bagpipe:

Yes, but still within the realms of possibility. Prob won't happen but all I am saying is it could happen if the devs chose to make it so 🙂

The devs should rather choose to convert the already existing systems like ARC and RSBN to make them work like in reality! But this - sadly - will probably NEVER happen 😞

• Like 2

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

On 6/11/2021 at 5:34 PM, Hiromachi said:

It's already been moved...

As for experimental feature option, it stays there. We have for it another purpose.

Except it hasn't been, because it still shows all four directions when locked on the latest version of DCS.

Edited by Matuchkin

As it should according to the manual. Strong emitting source at closer ranges will get all lights lit as all four receiving stations are hit by emissions. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

I can help here too, since I checked that recently myself 🙂

http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/index.php/digitalizacja/katalog/2307 

Pages 114 to 116 describe SPO-10

This part: "Z chwilą zmniejszenia się odległości między samolotami do 2-5 km /w zależności od mocy opromieniowującej stacji radiolokacyjnej/, stacja ostrzegawcza SPO-10 zaczyna pracować na wszystkich kanałach /świecą wszystkie lampki/." basically means that when the distance between planes decreases to 2-5 km / depending on the power / strength of emissions from the radar station/, SPO-10 warning station starts to work on all channels / all lamps are lit/. SPO-10 has four channels, hence four lights are lit.

• Like 2