simshaker module and voicemeeter banana

X_legio

Yes I use Voice Meeter bannana what do you need help with?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hi,

I made a buttkicker with 2 trasducers.

All is functioning  ok but I read often that people use Voicemeeter Banana to improve the settings.

I can't find anything related the configuration for DCS, ex. settings of the virtual sound card, and of the 2 physical ones to cut the levels and improve the bass on the usb that drive the shakers.

It's really worth use it ?

Thank you for your help 

Well if your setup is working now I guess you dont need it. I use it because I use a VR headset and need to run the buttkicker with simshaker. I use a Soundblaster for my Buttkicker which has all the settings I need to use for improved bass.

Does your Buttkicker work ok or do you want more bass in it or something?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

My setup is working quite good, I use the suggestion of this website.

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/eh4xp6/diy_bass_shaker_setup_with_70_already_cant_live/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

He also suggest the use of Voice meeter to have better quality for the Bass.

That's why I want give a try but the info from the guy are very few, at least for me....

Well I did not see where he mentioned to have better quality bass? I use it because when I use my VR headset which is USB the Buttkicker does not get a signal. Voicemeeter fixes that issue and lets me have the buttkicker on and sound in the headset.

With bananna there is a EQ and you can boost the bass and such if that is whaqt you are referring too? IF you would like to use the EQ and such let me know I can show you how I set mine up for use with a VR heqadset and Soundblaster Soundcard with Simshaker and Voicemeeter..

• Like 1

OK I will just post up what I have setup on mine and if you have any question let me know from here:

[b]Parts list Software Hardware[/b]:

1. Soundblaster Z - Buttckiker connected to this soundcard.

2. Buttkicker Simulation. Connected to my chair with a fan mod to keep the buttkicker cooler.. I can get pics of this if you want to see it:

3. Voicemeeter banana. used to drive my VR headset and Buttkicker..

4. Simshaker Payware for DCS..

here is my settings in the Voicemeeter for my setup. Basically you set A1 as a Source and A2 as a source on mine I have this:

A1= ASIO Creative SBZ Series ASIO device. (This is an ASIO device becasue that is how I had to set it up in Simshaker which I will show as well pics to follow.

A2= Headphone RIFT S. this 2nd device my VR Headset which is USB. you can not get the Buttkicker working with a USB headset without this Voicemeeter or similar software.

here is the screenshot of Voicemeeter:

Now the settings I use like A1 volume being so high your will be different DON;t Use my settings there for Volume..

here is the Simshaker and what I did to get it working with Voicemeeter and DCS:

Note the 6 (5.1) selection which for me uses the ASIO Device. I could not get my setup correctly working with using Mono or 1 Channel.. your setting may be different this is just how I set my Setup which hopefully can giv you an idea on what to do:

On the test page I noted the Setting "Good to adjust Volume to max level Sound file TEST.WAV was way to louad for the buttkicker I just selected another sound file and used Loop for test repetitions so I could adjust the Buttkicker volume..

Now that should be it for those 2 programs but if you have any questions let me know.. 

Also I have a specific startup sequence for my gear as If I do not get the sequence right I will have no sound in the buttkicker..

So here is basically what I do before running DCS:

1. Startup my Joystick Profile.

2. Start Simshaker Aviator. Test Sound module to see if Buttkicker works..

3. now if you had a WMR Headset you would start that now. so Start WMR and Stema VR. Optional..

3.  Run Voicemeeter (all this was previlously setup on A1 and A2).

4. Test Simshaker again and see if the settings took and your Buttkicker should be thumping now..

5. Start DCS. All should be working..

Now worth noting what I first set this up I used MONO in Simshaker and when I played DCS I got some artifacts in the sound like digitial bleeps or similar..

I had found out I needed to setup with this config and note your setup may need different settings to get working with your Hardware.. 

I am just using my setup as an example.. if you qare unable to setup with Voicemeeter Please list your specs like I did noting your Soundcards and where the buttkicker is hooked into..

Rememeber the Buttkicker needs to be plugged into a seperate sound card and using the 2nd VR Herqdset like I did counts as 2 differen t sources..

I found the Buttkicker works best with a Soundblaser card vs the onboard soun d cards and Voicemeeter and Sim shaker Combined..

Hopefully this made sense I tend to leave important details out haha!!

Simshaker Settings.jpg

Voicemeeter graph.jpg

Edited by The_Nephilim

8 ore fa, The_Nephilim ha scritto:

Well I did not see where he mentioned to have better quality bass? I use it because when I use my VR headset which is USB the Buttkicker does not get a signal. Voicemeeter fixes that issue and lets me have the buttkicker on and sound in the headset.

With bananna there is a EQ and you can boost the bass and such if that is whaqt you are referring too? IF you would like to use the EQ and such let me know I can show you how I set mine up for use with a VR heqadset and Soundblaster Soundcard with Simshaker and Voicemeeter..

Sorry that is the correct link :

https://www.476vfightergroup.com/showthread.php?5893-Setting-up-a-Buttkicker-(or-other-transducers)

Well I read what he said there but I am unsure what you are trying to accomplish. another note in that article he said to plug into the Green port, I guess depending on the Soundcard and speaker setup that could be the correct plug but I dont think it is. you need to plug into the ".1" of the 5.1, where .1 is the subwoofer or bass of the system.. the butkicker needs that output.

I guess check your Motherboard to see which is the POINT ONE .1 of the system.. Buttkicker explains this in their setup guide, and they give you a double plug for it with the BK Kit.

I have a 5.1 system and a VR headset which is USB, like he was saying in that article you use the Main card in my case a soundblaster Z for the Buttkicker and the VR Headset for the sound..

I also EQ'd the sound on the buttkicker to only get the lows and blocked out the Highs in it.. So basically you said it works for you but do you want to ad EQ to the mix or similar?

EDIT: I just checked the Green (Lime) is the Front speaker, I checked my Motherboard I only have 3 connectors and not made for qa 5.1 setup cheaper board. But if you have a 5.1 sound built in your motherboard or an addon card that is 5/7.1 you should be good and you I think need to use the Black plug that is the .1 of the 5.1 soundcard which is the bass channel not the FRONTS.

Edited by The_Nephilim
added info :)