Multiplayer Crashes

pepin1234

• ED Team

Hi pepin1234

I would try a slow repair on DCS, 

Make sure windows and display driver is up to date 

increase your pagefile, currently it is set to 8027 MB, as you have 16GB RAM you should set pagefile to  16282 MB

Let us know if it helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, VFA41_Hedgehog said:

Whoa.  Are you saying that he should set his Windows pagefile to the same size as the amount of RAM on the machine??  That is contrary to everything I have read about pagefile size.  😲

Don't trust everything that you read, then. DCS has a funny way of dealing with memory. Unless you have 64 GB of RAM, DCS can crash if the given pagefile is too small. Anyway, the issue here is this one:

2021-06-04 05:10:33.843 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Shader "bazar/shaders/model/self_illum_material.fx" failed to compile. Reason:
warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47
deferred/shading.hlsl(19,2-63): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
functions/deferred_def_ps.hlsl(47,9): warning X3206: 'BuildGBuffer': implicit truncation of vector type
enlight/atmFunctions.hlsl(966,32-67): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
enlight/atmFunctions.hlsl(966,32-67): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
error X8000: D3D11 Internal Compiler Error: Invalid Bytecode: Failed to parse shader using reference shader parser: 0x8007000e
def_material.fx(32,1-30): There was an error compiling HLSL shader variable

I believe all users having this crash solved it doing a slow repair, just like BIGNEWY suggested.

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team
13 hours ago, VFA41_Hedgehog said:

Whoa.  Are you saying that he should set his Windows pagefile to the same size as the amount of RAM on the machine??  That is contrary to everything I have read about pagefile size.  😲

No I am saying if you have 16gb or less you should set your page file higher for a better experience in DCS. If you have 32GB RAM leave it system managed it will be fine. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm having a lot of freezes in the Multiplayer screen after update do Stable 2.7 since yesterday.

Screen freezes and I have to kill DCS in the task manager.

I've done a Steam files verification, and deleted fxo/shaders. Helped for one/two times, then the bug returns.

Edited by =Skywarp=

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

@=Skywarp=Please reproduce the issue then attach your dcs.log file ( C:\Users\username\Saaved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log ).

Does it happen while the MP servers list is refreshing or once you reach a server lobby?

• Thanks 1

Hi Flappie!

Happens while the MP servers list is refreshing.

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/introduction-page-file 

when windows runs out of physical memory, infrequently used bits are saved in virtual memory and recalled when needed. if the system has lots of physical memory, then windows does not use virtual memory. when one sets to a static size a pagefile.sys file is created. i do not have a pagefile.sys on my system because of the over abundence of physical memory. leaving windows to manage does not create a pagefile.sys.

many moons ago for servers, virtual memory was set to 3 times the amount of RAM. this allowed for "dumping" physical memory during a recovery from a stop error.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

5 hours ago, =Skywarp= said:

Hi Flappie!

Happens while the MP servers list is refreshing.

If you wait long enough, does the servers list eventually come out of its coma?

This is what is described in this thread:

Edited by Flappie

I taught the glitch was unrecoverable, as I waited for few minutes... so I killed DCS with the Task Manager.

This is the message displayed by the Realibility History: "Top level window is idle"

OK. Please reproduce ths issue, then attach your dcs.log file ( C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log - may appear as "dcs" ). If you don't do this, neither testers like me nor ED devs will know how this is happening to you.

• Thanks 1