BOOM's syria map template

evanf117

im making a entire Syria map template using satellite photos. It will be jam packed with everything i can possibly add, it is in its very early stages but it still has several air fields and sam sites, take a look if your interested and follow the creation if you wish.
(a link to my discord and more info is in the description of this video i chucked together in an hour)

also if you use the template please put a credit in the briefing of the mission so in the description if you make any YouTube videos using it

edit for some reason the youtube video got taken down so in the mean time im just going to copy pase the description here untill its back up
BOOM's Syria map template is a template for dcs syria that adds every Sam site, every airport, support vehicles for those sams, tank battalions and static airfield aircraft. it is in its very early stage at this point only about 8 air basses are complete out of about 50 and 10 Sam sites are complete out of ~70+. BSMT is designed to be the base to build more mission on top of whether it be a fictional war or a Russian strike mission or you can just add some aircraft and have some fun with your buds i should mention its only in very early alpha but it can be downloaded here and it is updated as soon as i add stuff (almost daily)
updated Download here ----------
https://discord.gg/HXMq2R4e3x ----------

edit 2 new video up

BSMT 0_15_IAF update.miz

Edited by evanf117
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

This looks great.  Its awesome to see people add to the community rather than just moan about billboards or Cyprus!

• Like 4

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

1 hour ago, evanf117 said:

im making a entire Syria map template using satellite photos. It will be jam packed with everything i can possibly add, it is in its very early stages but it still has several air fields and sam sites, take a look if your interested and follow the creation if you wish.
(a link to my discord and more info is in the description of this video i chucked together in an hour)

also if you use the template please put a credit in the briefing of the mission so in the description if you make any YouTube videos using it

dont steal my cow
regards BOOM

BSMT.miz 67.26 kB · 2 downloads

Hmm, it seems that for some violation reason YT has removed your video. I'm curious on what you created. Is there any other way to check out your video?

(not at my pc now to check out the .miz file)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

5 hours ago, sirrah said:

Hmm, it seems that for some violation reason YT has removed your video. I'm curious on what you created. Is there any other way to check out your video?

i dont know other than me streaming it to you in a discord call, all the video was was some slow moving camera shots of aircraft and sam sites and me SLAM-ER striking a scud
how odd youtube?, i guess blame it on their Ai, ill change it a bit and see if i can get it put back up

8 hours ago, sirrah said:

i changed the song and some scenes but this is basically the same as the first 

On 6/4/2021 at 4:05 AM, evanf117 said:

... if you use the template please put a credit in the briefing of the mission so in the description if you make any YouTube videos using it

Of course, will credit if I share missions with this content 👍 

Thanks a lot for sharing this, it must have been a lot of work. I will convert it to Static Template format, as it makes it easier to apply onto existing Missions and also this way I can use only those parts relevant for the mission that I'm editing .. it looks like this:

GhfvMRB.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Of course, will credit if I share missions with this content 👍 

Thanks a lot for sharing this, it must have been a lot of work. I will convert it to Static Template format, as it makes it easier to apply onto existing Missions and also this way I can use only those parts relevant for the mission that I'm editing .. it looks like this:

GhfvMRB.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

my original intent was to do it as a bunch of static templates but then i realised how much more work that would be so thank you and if you want send the conversions to me on discord or put them on google drive or something and ill credit you for converting them and put it in the channel with the .miz in my discord so people can pick whether they want to build off the mission or just add a template to an already made mission

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, evanf117 said:

...  if you want send the conversions to me on discord or put them on google drive or something and ill credit you for converting them ...

OK, here I'm attaching the Templates that I extracted from your MIZ file .. I only did the places that were more fully fleshed out.

No need to credit me, as the research work behind these was done by you .. converting them took just a fraction of the time you put onto this 👍

Best regards

Syria StaticTemplates by evanf117.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

Superb map/miz file.

Thank you very much evanf117.

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 2 months later...