Amount of Atakas carried

TheNicePig

As with what Jun said.

4 stations can carry Ataka/Shturm (the outer most ones and the middle ones), each with 2 missiles, for a maximum of 8.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

And in both cases, exactly the same set-up with a maximum of 8.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

That's because of how the control system works. It was explained in detail in one of the weeklies, and the selector dial doesn't go beyond 8. 🙂 I think the rack was developed for Mi-28, and "back-ported" to Mi-35M. Of course, you are flying lopsided as a result, but it allows you to carry 8 missiles while freeing up the opposite hardpoint.

8 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

That's because of how the control system works. It was explained in detail in one of the weeklies, and the selector dial doesn't go beyond 8. 🙂 I think the rack was developed for Mi-28, and "back-ported" to Mi-35M. Of course, you are flying lopsided as a result, but it allows you to carry 8 missiles while freeing up the opposite hardpoint.

To be fair, I've never seen a photo where the opposite hardpoint wasn't empty either. Wonder what's the weight it adds up to. Perhaps close to maximum with 8 missiles and 3 rocket pods?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

It might be that the fire control system can't handle asymmetrical loadouts. If you can only select the hardpoints as pairs, it might not be possible to actually use anything loaded opposite the Atakas. In fact, with the wings being reduced on the Mi-35M, it probably carries them like that simply because that's the only way it can carry 8 Atakas.

There are some pictures of 8x atakas on both pylons that add to confusion, but thats just for the sake of demonstration. Installations for it are supposedly only in right wing. There are combat videos of Iraqi ones with 2xS8 pods and 8 atakas on right wing. Also Serbian ones on excersises with atakas only on right wing.

may I - just for the sake of it - remind of common sense - and wiring.

Demos and PR are exactly that... actual system capability is something else - or why were B-52s until very recently carrying precision munitions draggily around on external pylons with empty cavernous bomb bays...

We will get to enjoy a "24 P" - which is very muched spelled differently from "35 <<enter letter here>>"

The former has cabletree wiring for 4 stations with 2 channels each, the latter a cabletree on one station for module carriers up to 8 channels.

Variations will see the light of day.. eventually.. for both.. or not.

None of which has anything to do with the module in discussion for the foreseeable DCS future.

/thread (for the DCS-module... for the topic... keep going.. for one has to have seen a 72 with Italian (sic!) upgrades to not believe anything to be possible any time.. somewhere)

• 4 months later...

1350617557_mi-24.32951.jpg

16 atakas on the middle pylons on the short wing version of the P.

img_56-1.jpg

Cypriot National Guard Mi-35P aka export version of the Mi-24P

Note the short wing

Edit 1:

To carry more missiles there is a small modification on the weapon selector that is the addition of a button that allows the control and wiring of more missiles. Honestly it is such small modification that I dont see harm in modelling it, giving us the option. Also the stub wings option, and fixed landing gear. The ammount of effort modeling it so we can choose in the mission editor is so small and give us the ability to compose such awesome life like scenarios. After all, we do have the Cyprus island.

Edited by pappachuck
  • Like 5