Recording VR

C3PO

What’s the best way to record a VR mission so that it looks “normal” on a 2d screen please? The issue I have with playing the trackfile is that your head movements are not replicated in the replay - or am I doing something wrong? Also would be great to have some kind of timeline functionality to the trackfile playback - ctrl z etc a bit fiddly.

Also is there a way to set the mirror on my 2d screen to look normal? Currently i have rectangle selected in VR option and left eye selected. But it records the whole of desktop onto which the mirror is running … and the rectangle is 9:16 rather than the other way round.

Edited by C3PO

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

understand i have never tried this, but from what i have seen the suggestions seem to be to use OBS, upscale the 2d mirror to 4k and then edit out the mask, you can turn the mask off, but it will eat into your frame times

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I use Oculus Quest2 and I record a video from the headset. Download it to a PC via the USB-C cable, do some minor editing on the free da Vinci Resolve. The result looks something like this:

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.