Falling at the first fence :(

Hi,

This is probably really obvious, but I can't work out what I'm doing wrong.

Mission one. Call for clearance to start, start. Request permission to taxi, and taxi to the assigned runway (21) when cleared. Request permission to take off and get clearance. Take off down runway centreline and fail in 15 seconds for breaking flight direction rules.

Please. Someone tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong? As an IRL pilot I can't see the problem... (I've not done a hover check but that can't be it, can it?)

BTW I see there are two runway 21s (Left and Right). I've tried both...

Thanks,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

3 часа назад, Blackjack_UK сказал:

Hi,

This is probably really obvious, but I can't work out what I'm doing wrong.

Mission one. Call for clearance to start, start. Request permission to taxi, and taxi to the assigned runway (21) when cleared. Request permission to take off and get clearance. Take off down runway centreline and fail in 15 seconds for breaking flight direction rules.

Please. Someone tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong? As an IRL pilot I can't see the problem... (I've not done a hover check but that can't be it, can it?)

BTW I see there are two runway 21s (Left and Right). I've tried both...

Thanks,

Hi

Mi-8MTV2 The border campaign

Ka-50 2 Pandemic campaign

Mi-24P The border - prequel campaign

Asus pro gaming Z-170, i5-6600K-4.3GHz, SSD M2 NVME 1Tb, HDD 1Tb, GTX 1080Ti, RAM 32GB, Oculus Quest 2, LG Ultrawide 2560x1080.

I would say that the initial communication should be "Taxi to and hold short of runway 21 left (via taxiway ____)." I don't think any ATC would ever just say "Go to the runway and take off when you like".

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

As a pilot I'd agree with that. But I have flown out of some places where ATC was...informal. 

Those are the type of places where, when they tell you you're clear, you get out and have a bloody good look around before committing aviation.

Basic replies should be:

"(Callsign) Start, surface wind xxx, QFE yyyy"

"(Callsign) Taxi runway zz"
After hold point is called "(Callsign") Lineup" or "(Callsign) Hold"

Then "(Callsign) Clear takeoff runway zz, surface wind xxx, QFE yyyy"

Finally "(Callsign) contact approach on (button 2 or aaa.a) good day"

Or regional variations of that.

You should never hear the word "Clear" unless it's responding to a takeoff or landing request.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

My follow-on question would be, how do you get the "Ready for taxi" prompt to occur?  I've started my heli and switched on everything I could see as shown in the video above but nothing happens.   What's the magic formula?  

I love a detailed campaign, but at the same time hate chasing triggers!

UPDATE:  Well, I managed by just barging my way onto the runway.   Then I got permission to take off, and then, permission to taxi to runway.  🤨  Might I add, it's great so see a fantastic terrain that is not the Caucasus!   lol

UPDATE2: Trigger for permission to take off seems to be to raise the collective a little.   OK.

Edited by Mango

In my experience for every mission it has been to do all your startup stuff and end with the 3 autopilot switches (*pitch roll heading). I haven't had a problem yet getting takeoff permission.

Edited by Gunnar81
spelling
  • Like 1

I can't get landing permission on Mission 1.

After I'm told to switch frequencies, which I then do, nothing more happens.

I tried circling above the compound and landing. I can't seem to find the Trigger.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could push me in the right direction.

57 минут назад, grepwald сказал:

I can't get landing permission on Mission 1.

After I'm told to switch frequencies, which I then do, nothing more happens.

I tried circling above the compound and landing. I can't seem to find the Trigger.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could push me in the right direction.

Hi,

Can you upload a track?

Edited by =RAF=Armen

Mi-8MTV2 The border campaign

Ka-50 2 Pandemic campaign

Mi-24P The border - prequel campaign

Asus pro gaming Z-170, i5-6600K-4.3GHz, SSD M2 NVME 1Tb, HDD 1Tb, GTX 1080Ti, RAM 32GB, Oculus Quest 2, LG Ultrawide 2560x1080.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb =RAF=Armen:

Hi,

Can you upload a track?

I hope this recorded correctly. Sometimes tracks desync on me, but I think it happens during playback.

I have included the Tacview file for reference, if it helps.

DCS trk-Recording:

http://grepwald.de/DCS/Pandemic Mission 1.trk

Tacview:
http://grepwald.de/DCS/Tacview-20210624-231936-DCS-Pandemic_1.zip.acmi

Most likely I'm just doing something, not according to procedure.

Thank you for investing your time.

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 10:53 PM, Mango said:

My follow-on question would be, how do you get the "Ready for taxi" prompt to occur?  I've started my heli and switched on everything I could see as shown in the video above but nothing happens.   What's the magic formula?  

I love a detailed campaign, but at the same time hate chasing triggers!

UPDATE:  Well, I managed by just barging my way onto the runway.   Then I got permission to take off, and then, permission to taxi to runway.  🤨  Might I add, it's great so see a fantastic terrain that is not the Caucasus!   lol

UPDATE2: Trigger for permission to take off seems to be to raise the collective a little.   OK.

I can answer that one!

Call air traffic control and ask for permission to taxi.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

I'm still stuck - been away for a bit but now I'm back.

So. I call for startup, get started, request a hover check, do that, request taxi, get clearance, taxi to the stop line, request takeoff. I get clearance to take off eventually (have to roll past the line a bit), start down the runway, get airborne and about 10 seconds later I get a message saying I've violated flight direction and failed the mission.

Nothing happens at the holding point and I don't  get the option to request anything. 

It's starting to piss me off. I've looked in the mission editor and can't find any mysterious triggers. What the hell is going on?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]