Repair function info

skywalker22

I have a problem, I have always been putting new liveries (skins) of aircrafts into main game`s installation folder (/Program Files/eagle dynamics/dcs/coremods/aircraft/liveriesand not into Saved Games (Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries).

So I would like now to move all the additional liveries (mods) to Saved Games folder. But I don`t know now which are official and which are additional skins I have put there. My question now is, if I delete all of the skins, will Repair function add all original skins back?

It should. However the repair function has an option to remove files that it finds that are not "official." I believe if you use that it will remove all of the added liveries for you. That might be a better way to go than deleting the liveries yourself.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I will delete all by my self. I only hope the Repair will restore all the original content. For the rest I will take care my self.

Btw, there is some code, which finds all the unofficial files (and folder I suppose), I did it few weeks ago, but you have to run in from cmd with some command.

Edited by skywalker22

Keep in mind that the repair will also uninstall any mods in the main DCS directories.

• Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals