Nooo..What happened with the Huey Start Up Stability ?

Volator

I feel some small changes have occurred in the Huey FM in the latest OB patch. During engine run-up, the usual movements of the helicopter seem to have increased in intensity, especially around 40% RPM gas producer the helicopter is really wobbling around on the skids. Now the crew chief even yells at me to keep the aircraft still during refueling and rearming due to these oscillations. That did not happen before the patch.

Also, sometimes it feels like the helicopter skids are a little sticky at FARPs or at off-airport landing sites, the helicopter doesn't lift off as smoothly anymore, it somewhat sticks to the ground and then suddenly breaks free. It's not significant, but noticeable to me as a regular Huey user.

Does someone else notice this too? 

Edited by Volator
Mixed up torque and gas producer RPM

I've just filmed myself on a 4YA server (2.5.6.59625). Please ignore the crappy flying. Do you see the "new" wobbling in my video?

As you can see, I had no issue when I asked for a rearming.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 1/1/2021 at 4:18 PM, Flappie said:

Do you see the "new" wobbling in my video?

Yes, I think so. Just like I described, around 40% RPM gas producer it's becoming really bad for a moment, then with higher rotor RPMs it's getting better. This peak around 40% wasn't there before I think... There was some wobbling of course, as it should be, but not that hard.

Edited by Volator
Mixed up torque and gas producer RPM

I have no idea if the wobbling has changed but as you can see, I was able to rearm without the crew chief yelling at me. Can you show us that bit in the form of a short track?

Edited by Flappie
typo

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I agree with the statement for the wobbling during start-up... it feels like it rocks the whole helicopter on its skids and that was not a thing in the past. I reasoned it with multicrew issues or starting on the ground, but it seems like it is present always

• Thanks 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

On 1/1/2021 at 7:37 PM, Flappie said:

Can you show us that bit in the form of a short track?

I don't know, it only seems to happen occasionally. Yesterday I started up twice and refueled/rearmed at the same time, and my crew chief was happy with me...

BTW, I've seen some Hueys start up in real life from the outside and inside. I've never witnessed them rocking from one skid onto the other, as seen in DCS (also in your video). 

Usually flying on MP, noticed the intense wobbling as well after latest update (open beta) - flew on RL Huey and thats not what we experienced at ny RPM state. Think it´s "a bit over" at the moment.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

On 1/2/2021 at 4:18 AM, Flappie said:

I've just filmed myself on a 4YA server (2.5.6.59625). Please ignore the crappy flying. Do you see the "new" wobbling in my video?

As you can see, I had no issue when I asked for a rearming.

I have the same problem in multiplayer also. In the video above the wobble starts at around 1:38. If you're trying to rearm/refuel when this happens the ground crew says "Hey, what are you doing" and the rearm fails. Pretty sure it happens in single player also but will check.

Edit: Just tested, it happens in single player as well in the heli operations mission. Though it only happened when I did a cold start, could be related to when you release the starter?

Edited by Savvy
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Bump it got even worse a few patches ago.  Huey literally has a fit starting up.

Needs sorting and a proper review - doesnt need a track file of video either.  Spend 30 seconds to start the Huey and whichever dev does it will see instantly the problem.

5 months on, this needs sorting.

• Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Hello guys, 

I know the Huey DCS has always rocked left to right when starting up.

But since (2.7) I find this problem to be even worse.

Is there an option to disable it?

In real world there is no big effect like this!

Link Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moWDiQTIw_8

this happened with multicrew.

a little rock and roll during start-up.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:01 PM, FS-Wings said:

Hello guys, 

WOW that video is crazy. It's got to be a bug that needs tweaked. Take off from Parking Hot. Can you imagine if that didn't stop shaking? Lol

On 4/30/2021 at 4:01 AM, FS-Wings said:

Hello guys, 

Looks like the maintenance guys messed up again 🙈

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 5/6/2021 at 7:00 AM, Zap921 said:

Thanks for reporting that, it's enough to make ya sick in VR.  Thanks above that it tames back down.

Some times I just have to close my eyes in VR. Thank goodness I haven't invested in one of these yet, or I could have been thrown out of my chair. 😉 

1_d499041d-1f05-4a9e-9212-52b9eb260e91_8

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

not sure if I missed something ... but in the last few weeks, I noticed that the Huey is shaking quite a lot on cold start. Is it a known bug?

It shake so much that the ground crew will scream at you "HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING" when you cold start with external power. They usually say this when you try to fly away without disconnecting the power first.

What brought that new thing?

• Like 2

It´s a "bug" and in since a very long period now and it seems that it has extremly low priority in fixing (not to say nobody cares right now - sadly). IRL during startup only slight wobbling occurs to the point the rotor is up to speed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB