DCS: AH-64D - Development Report 4th June 2021

BIGNEWY

• Members
  •  
  • 108 posts

• Regarding the development progress of ah-64d
I feel that the development of the AH-64D model has not been able to fly in the air so far, and the speed is much slower than expected.
This can also explain why the pre-order will be delayed twice from February to May
This is a bad omen. The ah-64d module has not been able to fly in the air so far. I am pessimistic about whether it will be officially released before the end of this year.

Edited by huchanronaa

• ED Team

There is zero evidence to support that copy/paste statement from the other thread, especially since the first post in this thread literally shows the AH-64D in flight.  But we all have our opinions, and we all have our own expectations.  Keep in mind that (as someone that has been playing DCS over a decade) as far as I can remember every single module ever developed for DCS World has been delayed in some form or fashion, as has almost every major video game in existence.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

On 6/15/2021 at 2:19 AM, huchanronaa said:
  • Members
  •  
  • 108 posts

• Regarding the development progress of ah-64d
I feel that the development of the AH-64D model has not been able to fly in the air so far, and the speed is much slower than expected.
This can also explain why the pre-order will be delayed twice from February to May
This is a bad omen. The ah-64d module has not been able to fly in the air so far. I am pessimistic about whether it will be officially released before the end of this year.

I can guarantee that DCS : AH-64D will not be "officially release" by the end of 2021. It will be early access as mentioned plenty of time and like it happen with basicly all DCS modules, but dont worry that module might break record sale for ED, they know this and they also know that they can't really afford a second disastrous release, this will in turn take time. Anyway, how long did you hopelessly hope they announce the Apache before they did ? 1 year ? 5 ? 10 ? Having to wait few more month now that is it coming is no big deal 😉

On 6/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, Raptor9 said:

There is zero evidence to support that copy/paste statement from the other thread, especially since the first post in this thread literally shows the AH-64D in flight.  But we all have our opinions, and we all have our own expectations.  Keep in mind that (as someone that has been playing DCS over a decade) as far as I can remember every single module ever developed for DCS World has been delayed in some form or fashion, as has almost every major video game in existence.

This only make it more enjoyable 😛

• Like 1

It'll get here when it gets here, this could well be their most ambitious in house project yet. On the bright side, it's officially announced, which means it will happen. ED has a proven track record of delivering on products they announce. They may be late, but that's the nature of game development. 

from the marianas trailer, see the longbow radar..

Untitled.jpg

Edited by ebabil
  • Like 4

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Saw that too in the Marianas trailer. Looked pretty good.

Though having been stationed there, I cannot recall seeing Apaches ever flying around Guam. Don't think there were any based there. Saw plenty of SH-60's though.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

yes correct

• Thanks 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

17 hours ago, horstweihrauch said:

Is it correct that are six buttons per MFD row? The thrustmaster MFDs only have 5 buttons🤧

Yeah I am now considering, if I should get a touchscreen and Helios, to cover those MFDs since the TM's ain't useful anymore

• Thanks 1

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

I wasn't that excited for the Apache Longbow. However after flying in the Hind in Multicrew, I have to say that my excitement for this upcoming chopper has increased an order of magnitude. I am having so much fun with a friend just flying around in the Hind, while he is busy learning how to fire and guide the ATGMs that the possibilites that the Longbow will bring to the table in that regard can't be ignored. 

• Like 5

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 3:50 PM, hotrod525 said:

I can guarantee that DCS : AH-64D will not be "officially release" by the end of 2021. It will be early access as mentioned plenty of time and like it happen with basicly all DCS modules, but dont worry that module might break record sale for ED, they know this and they also know that they can't really afford a second disastrous release, this will in turn take time. Anyway, how long did you hopelessly hope they announce the Apache before they did ? 1 year ? 5 ? 10 ? Having to wait few more month now that is it coming is no big deal 😉

This only make it more enjoyable 😛

I can assure you EA won’t even make it by the end of the year. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 hours ago, Grennymaster said:

im still stunned 🙂 cant wait to fly it 🙂

waiting for a Module like this since i startet with DCS Black shark.

On CD!!! 🙂 DCS World whast even a thougt back then. But ED got me instand with there passion 🙂

good im Old 🙂

I waited for this since Janes Apache sim and the combathelo Apache sim that got canceled, then restarted and then died for a second time. 

• Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 hours ago, oscar19681 said:

I waited for this since Janes Apache sim and the combathelo Apache sim that got canceled, then restarted and then died for a second time. 

I was Chomping at The bit for CombatHelo....It Looked so Promisingl,,,and there was nothing else out there at the time,,,Really Looking forward to DCS Version🙂

• Like 2

Patrick

mini.gif

Says Spock,,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I only found DCS one day about 6 years ago, because I was thinking, "hey it's only been about 20 years since Jane's Longbow came out", and I didn't even have a PC that could run it at the time; had to be happy with playing Gunship and Gunship 2000 😋, "somebody must have put out a serious sim of the Apache in the meantime".

Echoing voice fading into the darkness: "... somebody must have... could have... should have....." DAMNIT!!

But I did find my second favorite aircraft of all time, the P-51D HOTDAMN!! Move over Dick Pretty and I've been hooked ever since.

So I've been looking forward to putting my butt into the pilot's seat of a really good Apache sim for over 20 years. I know this module is putting many very new innovations in DCS to the test - two-man-crew, AI-crewman, ground radar, advanced weapons systems out the kazoo, maybe even an update to the IR world (I can dream can't I).

So if it takes a bit longer, by-god, it takes a bit longer. I don't want a rush-job, I want a blow-you-out-of-your-seat-job.

To all those who think the delays are a bad omen and are pessimistic, well that's just your opinion, man.

• Like 6

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

33 minutes ago, kseremak said:

encourages foreign buyers to upgrade to AH-64E

Gotta love Boeings 'marketing strategy'! Would suggest for 'encourages' read 'if you don't upgrade wave goodbye to future technical support! 🤣

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

• ED Team

Aerospace companies typically don't just "end support" for their aircraft unless they have no further contractual obligations with any of their customers. It's not like software (ie Windows). When countries place an export order with a defense contractor, a contract is agreed upon that entails a certain number of spare parts, equipment, and personnel support for a period of time. If an aerospace company breaches that contract and just drops the support, they will quickly find themselves lacking any future contract requests from their customers. Companies don't go around just dropping support for multi-billion dollar aircraft fleets.

Most likely, if there is any truth to the claim of that post, Boeing is simply no longer offering AH-64Ds as a potential purchase to any export customers, so they can completely switch their entire production and remanufacture program to purely E-model, which will ease logistic requirements.

The US Army, even with a good portion of units already converted to E models, still operates the largest 64D fleet in the world, and I guarantee Boeing isn't just "ending support" for it.

• Like 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team

Guys its great to see the back and forth, the passion and opinions, but please remember they are only opinions. 

When we are ready to share more news we will, pre-order is planned for late Summer.

thanks

• Like 8

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2