Not authorized

I downloaded and installed 'Interceptor' campaign. Try to fly it and it says I need Civil objects. So I find that in user files, download and unzip. But it won't let me unzip directly to DCS/mods/tech. I unzip to my documents folder then copy/paste to tech. Try to fly the campaign and DCS pops up a window something about it is not authorized and will be disabled so of course the campaign won't load. Ideas please.

I downloaded and installed 'Interceptor' campaign. Try to fly it and it says I need Civil objects. So I find that in user files, download and unzip. But it won't let me unzip directly to DCS/mods/tech. I unzip to my documents folder then copy/paste to tech. Try to fly the campaign and DCS pops up a window something about it is not authorized and will be disabled so of course the campaign won't load. Ideas please.
"Tech" folder under core install or saved games?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Good question. When I go through user, saved games, me,  dcs there is no mods, tech folder. So I go through program files, Eagle Dynamics, DCS world, and then there is a mods, tech folder so that is where I put it. The instructions say to go the first route but it doesn't have the folder. So I thought maybe the instructions were older and no longer valid. 

Good question. When I go through user, saved games, me,  dcs there is no mods, tech folder. So I go through program files, Eagle Dynamics, DCS world, and then there is a mods, tech folder so that is where I put it. The instructions say to go the first route but it doesn't have the folder. So I thought maybe the instructions were older and no longer valid. 
Sorry, you guessed wrong. Just kidding.
When you have missing folders in Saved Games, you must create them. They're not made for you like in core.
Make them and MOVE to correct folder, and you'll be good to go.
Cheers!

MAXsenna, thank you very much. I am not much of a PC guy, I just do what I need to but, w/ your help, I got the Civil Objects loaded and then it asked for Civil Aircraft.  Got that loaded too. Now the campaign works great. Even got to follow a 'Follow Me' truck to my parking spot at the end of the first mission. Thank you, thank you.

• Like 1

MAXsenna, thank you very much. I am not much of a PC guy, I just do what I need to but, w/ your help, I got the Civil Objects loaded and then it asked for Civil Aircraft.  Got that loaded too. Now the campaign works great. Even got to follow a 'Follow Me' truck to my parking spot at the end of the first mission. Thank you, thank you.
You're welcome!
Cheers

• 4 months later...

Sorry but have a similar problem. 
Where should the "Saved Games" folder be?
And what should I add to that?

I moved my DCS world for the C folder to an external D (SSD Drive) folder but don't show a Saved Folder anywhere.

Help and thanks
Motch

Sorry but have a similar problem. 
Where should the "Saved Games" folder be?
And what should I add to that?

I moved my DCS world for the C folder to an external D (SSD Drive) folder but don't show a Saved Folder anywhere.

Help and thanks
Motch
The Saved Games folder is in your c:\users\username
Folder

Max.. THANK YOU!
I actually deleted the two DCS's I had on the computer.  Didn't realize I had one in D and one in C.
I reloaded everything into the D drive and everything worked ok (except I no longer had a MiG29 Icon on the initial screen, but had the FC3 Icon.  Before, I could have sworn I had both!)
Then I re-installed the A29 and the mil & civ mod aircraft into the C drive, Saved Games, etc...

HOWEVER-
The A29 shows up and I can fly it. cool!
But when I went to mission editor I can not build any sort of mission as I get a Grey box of death on the right side when I select Aircraft Icon on the right side..
Wanted to build a mission with the C5, C17 and other aircraft around the Nevada area.

Any idea what is going on?  I have already run the DCS Repair but that didn't solve the problem.
REALLY Appreciate the help
Always
Motch

4 hours ago, Motch said:

Max.. THANK YOU!
I actually deleted the two DCS's I had on the computer.  Didn't realize I had one in D and one in C.
I reloaded everything into the D drive and everything worked ok (except I no longer had a MiG29 Icon on the initial screen, but had the FC3 Icon.  Before, I could have sworn I had both!)
Then I re-installed the A29 and the mil & civ mod aircraft into the C drive, Saved Games, etc...

HOWEVER-
The A29 shows up and I can fly it. cool!
But when I went to mission editor I can not build any sort of mission as I get a Grey box of death on the right side when I select Aircraft Icon on the right side..
Wanted to build a mission with the C5, C17 and other aircraft around the Nevada area.

Any idea what is going on?  I have already run the DCS Repair but that didn't solve the problem.
REALLY Appreciate the help
Always
Motch

The ME is not my most knowledgeable subject.

Tried to turn off historical filter?
a clock icon somewhere. 😉