When are they going to fix the interface/gunsight in VR?

oscar19681

When will they fix this? I mean CA is advertized as a VR product, yet the interface/gunsight in VR makes any practical use other then an awesome VR showcase completly impossible. Allthough im by no means a programmer, but it seems to me that fixing something like this cant be all that problematic.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is the issue ? I may be able to do something if it's something related to convergence, for example. 

See my mod to have an idea of what can be done with 3dmigoto : https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/207154-3dmigoto-vr-mod-for-dcs-label-masking-color-enhancement-sharpen-fxaa-copypaste-of-radio-msg

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 1:04 PM, oscar19681 said:

I mean CA is advertized as a VR product,

Sadly, nope

image.png

It won't be fixed in the foreseeable future, or there is no guarantee that it will unless it eventually does benefit from fixes to other modules (e.g. the Hind's new sights).

• 7 months later...

The interface has been fixed for VR in this update. At least for the vehicles I tested it in.

Just like in 2D the images are layered on top of the VR view. Does not look very pretty, but totally sufficient to play in VR. Works for me!

Thank you ED!

Now we only need a crosshair (to see where to lock targets) and the aiming reticle (pipper) in first person view. It already works in isometric view (which is just the external view in VR) but only with mouse input.

If we get this too, it'll be totally playable in VR.

...and yes. ED is secretly working on it apparently, but they dont tell anybody about it 🙊

Edited by darkman222
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb darkman222:

The interface has been fixed for VR in this update. At least for the vehicles I tested it in.

Just like in 2D the images are layered on top of the VR view. Not looking nice, but totally sufficient to play in VR. Works for me!

Thank you ED!

Now we only need a crosshair and the aiming reticle in first person view. It already works in isometric view (which is just the external view in VR) but only with mouse input.

If we get this too, it'll be totally playable in VR.

Thanks for the Info. I will test it this WE. The good thing is that it seems like they are working at least a bit on CA. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Lots of the "HUD" displays or whatever you want to call it are working in other vehicles too. At least for me. But the most important two things, the crosshair/ pipper and the target designator box are off.

This is making me so sad. It feels like we are almost there for VR users. But just almost and a tiny bit of code is missing...