AMD FSR development

84-Simba

I just tried the openvr fsr.  Wow!!!  How come some rando was able to make such a massive positive impact...

Whoever you are, thank you mate!

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

• 2 weeks later...

https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr

I got it working via this.

At Ultra Quality it looks ok, doesn't really save any performance that I notice.

At Balanced it saves alot of performance and looks like crap.

So, for me at least, its not a game changer.

Couldn't play DCS comfortably before, and still can't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

So I just tested it again with the latest update

5800X 4.7Ghz

64GB 3600Mhz Ram

RX6900XT at 1100mv 2650mhz, Core, 2150Mhz Mem.

Pimax 8kX in native/90hz mode.

In game settings is everything on low or off, PD 1.0

Running normal DCS without the FSR hack, on the Syria mission in the Mig-29A Freeflight, staying straight and flying over the city, I got 65-70fps (nothing blurry)

Running with the FSR hack at Ultra Quality I got 50-55 fps. (distant objects blurry)

Running at Balanced 68-80 fps (distant,/mid HUD blurry, cockpit a little bit blurry but readable)

Running at Performance 78-90+fps (everything blurry, HUD unreadable, cockpit unreadable, shimmers everywhere)

Since there is no motion smoothing/asw with 6000 series AMD GPU's, pretty much every setting is unplayable.

You can run in 60hz mode, but then everything becomes blurry from the low refresh rate whenever you move your head even the tiniest amount, 75hz is... ok but still a bit blurry from the lower refresh rate like 60hz, but not as bad.

The best setting I've been able to find is running is "quality" not ultra quality in 75hz mode, but tbh its not really any better then just running with the FSR hack and turning down the steam SS a little bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22