X:Cockpit Highlight Point - How to get coordinates for cockpit Gauges

Rudel_chw

Hello,

Highlighting a cockpit switch, button or lever is fairly easy, just get the element name on the clickabledata.lua file and use it on the X:Cockpit Highlight Element trigger, like this:

11TfoNb.jpg

My problem is that highlighting a Gauge, is not that easy. Up to now, I've been using the X:Cockpit Highlight Point trigger, like this:

ypFwBYx.jpg

But I don't know a way to obtain precise coordinates for a given Gauge. I tried to look for them using the ModelViewer utility, but couldn't figure out how to use it for that purpose.  

At the moment, I'm getting the coordinates by trial-error, but it is very time consuming and imprecise ... does anyone know of a better way to obtain a Gauge's point coordinates? Thanks  lot for any help with this 👍

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 2:23 PM, Rudel_chw said:

... At the moment, I'm getting the coordinates by trial-error, but it is very time consuming and imprecise ... does anyone know of a better way to obtain a Gauge's point coordinates?

No one knows a better way to get these coordinates? .. I have managed to get some by trial-error, like this:

9OHci7D.jpg

... but I would love to save some time on this, and I'm pretty sure that hidden on the ModelViewer is the answer to this 🙏

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, HiCKS-BB15 said:

Anyone can help ?

Not me ... I'm still getting these values by trial-and-error 😢

Thanks Rudel,

i understand your disapointement, there is no help. I try with ModelViewer but there id no grid visible. Just with connectors list but not useful.

Otherwise, I created a mission with triggers and displaying offset "dot" lines and a small text display so I know where I stand, and then pen and paper, I correct and adjust.

Like you, by trial and error.

it's the only way...

1 hour ago, HiCKS-BB15 said:

Otherwise, I created a mission with triggers and displaying offset "dot" lines and a small text display so I know where I stand, and then pen and paper, I correct and adjust.

Like you, by trial and error.

Yes, I use a test mission to gather this type of data, like the values that some cockpit knobs deliver at each position, etc. I do record the data on a spreadsheet, so that I only have to do this work once, for example I did this one for the Saab Sk60

Gg8zkYw.jpg

However, in spite of all this difficulties, I still enjoy editing training missions as it is kind of entertaining on a weird way  🙂

Cheers.

• Like 1

Ah, great, it's exactly what i'm doing with the M2K 🙂

i used the TF51D mission to understand the way its working, i think it's so useful to create a training mission. Also, i don't know if I accept that anybody take our job just by taking a look in your triiggers mission, cause it's so painful and time consuming, but to share is to progress !!!

Edited by HiCKS-BB15