Slow moving units

chief

Please get rid of this simulated marsh thing. Tanks driving through towns, cities are manually driving at max 8 mph. I am pretty sure cities arent built on marshland. Some of these ideas that are created to simulate things turn out to be bad ideas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 2:32 AM, NineLine said:

Please include a track so I can see exactly what you are seeing, then I will report. I do feel vehicles overall are slower than they need to be, but best to have a track of your issue to confirm. Thanks.

this usually happen when vehicle enter forest area of a map while there may not be trees or clutters in that area. but it will slow down that vehicle in those green boundaries.

this is track file. note that i was pressing "w" button from start to end of track.

track file.trk

AI and Human controlled vehicles should have the same limitation.

Can't have AI be driving at 5mph, because of a hill/forest, but a player zipping at 40mph at the same place.

Same with damage... if vehicle is damaged to an extent where the AI can no longer use the weapons or move at a rate faster than 7mph, the same penalty should be applied to that unit if a player jumps in it.

Currently, if you get damaged, while operating a vehicle, no speed penalty is implied, until you exit and re-enter the vehicle. There is no weapon penalties to player controlled 
vehicles. You can always operate your weapons in armored vehicle. (Radar can be disabled)

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days