DCS E-2D Advanced HawkEye model with old E-2C AN/APS-138 Doppler radar BUG

GumidekCZ

Found, that in scripts DCS have defined older E-2C with APS-138 UHF doppler radar, but 3D model and information in DCS Enycopedia shows E-2D Advanced Hawkeye, which should be equiped with AESA AN/APY-9 radar.

Remove old APS-138 for newer AN/APY-9 radar with estimated perfomance of modern AESA radar.

Edited by GumidekCZ
  • Like 2

• GumidekCZ changed the title to DCS E-2D Advanced HawkEye model with old E-2C AN/APS-138 Doppler radar BUG

On 6/6/2021 at 5:38 AM, Nealius said:

Or preferably replace the E-2D with an E-2C, as it does not fit in the DCS modern timeline at al.

There is no timeline in DCS. Look at some of ED naval or ground assets or compare this E-2 with Dekas KJ-2000 or JD-17.

Change of some values in script is very easy a to single ED dev will take no more than one hour to do this.

Screen_210608_234221.png

Edited by GumidekCZ
  • Like 1

If ED will stick with E-2C version, than they still need replace old AN/APS-138 for newer AN/APS-145 (40% improved range) which was introduced together with JTIDS and Link 16.

https://www.jhuapl.edu/Content/techdigest/pdf/V23-N2-3/23-02-Sunday.pdf

"In the early 1990s, the Group 0 and Group I aircraft began a transition to a new Group II configuration. A new  radar,  the  AN/APS-145,  increased  target  detection  range  and  further  improved  tracking  capabilities. The MC, the main combat system in the aircraft, was upgraded to increase speed and functionality, and operator displays were improved. The Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) data link provided an enhanced capability to communicate with other members of the battle group and joint forces, and the Global Positioning  System  (GPS)  improved  aircraft  navigational accuracy."

https://digilander.libero.it/humboldt/pdf/ANAPS-145.pdf

15 hours ago, GumidekCZ said:

If ED will stick with E-2C version, than they still need replace old AN/APS-138 for newer AN/APS-145 (40% improved range) which was introduced together with JTIDS and Link 16.

https://www.jhuapl.edu/Content/techdigest/pdf/V23-N2-3/23-02-Sunday.pdf

To be honest, with DCS' current RADAR modelling, the way it is, there's not going to be much of a difference between the RADARs apart from maybe range.

But yes the E-2C makes much more sense than the E-2D, given that our Nimitz-Roosevelt subclass aircraft carriers represents a mid-to-late-ish 2000s fit, and the latest carrier aircraft we have is the F/A-18C lot 20 from the mid 2000s.

An E-2C is also a better fit for our current Tomcats (which are early-to-mid 90s) and HB's Forrestal (which an early 80s fit at least).

The E-2D on the other hand came in 2016, by which point our Hornet most likely had AIM-120D and AGM-88E AARGM among other things, and our Nimitz-Roosevelt subclass were all using Evolved Sea Sparrow (RIM-162D) instead of the Sea Sparrow.

Not only that but I'm fairly sure the F/A-18C/D was outnumbered by the F/A-18E/F at that time. 

Spoiler

It should be said that while our Nimitz-Roosevelt Supercarriers have Sea Sparrow and RAM, for the mid-to-late-ish 2000s fit (which is the closest fit they represent), we should have RIM-7P and RIM-116B RAM Block 1 AFAIK, instead of RIM-7M that we have currently (and the RAM variant is unspecified).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 months later...

Replacing the D with the C doesn't make any sense to me, the C should just be added in addition. If the only difference between the two is detection range that's fine. I already have E-2's labeled as C's in my missions where appropriate so I'm ready for the new unit should it come.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...