End of hornet Early access ?

hanab

Hi,

In the next weeks, we will see many EA coming in dcs world (mariana, hind, ah64), but hornet is still in EA since 2 years.  

Last year, ED planed the end of EA to fall of 2020.
But now, despite many features added since the start of 2021, we only know that it’will be soon….ED what is your estimate to finish the hornet ?  
Thanks. 

We're not going to see the Apache for quite a while longer, third or fourth quarter of this year at the earliest.

As far as the Hornet I'd keep your eyes on the Roadmap post on what items are WIP or still missing.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• ED Team
5 hours ago, hanab said:

Hi,

In the next weeks, we will see many EA coming in dcs world (mariana, hind, ah64), but hornet is still in EA since 2 years.  

Last year, ED planed the end of EA to fall of 2020.
But now, despite many features added since the start of 2021, we only know that it’will be soon….ED what is your estimate to finish the hornet ?  
Thanks. 

Dear hanab,

we have told you all we are planning the end of the hornet early access soon, we dont give a specific date as we need to be flexible. 

Early access will be finished when the team are happy, its as simple as that. 

If early access is to long and stressful, or you dont agree with it, please wait and dont buy the future early access modules, wait for the full release, we are grateful for the support whenever you choose to purchase.

thanks

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

57 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Dear hanab,

we have told you all we are planning the end of the hornet early access soon, we dont give a specific date as we need to be flexible. 

Early access will be finished when the team are happy, its as simple as that. 

If early access is to long and stressful, or you dont agree with it, please wait and dont buy the future early access modules, wait for the full release, we are grateful for the support whenever you choose to purchase.

thanks

Thanks for you sincerity. 

For sure, for future modules, i will buy only when they are out of EA. 

I hope that hornet will be finish not too mate this year, thanks to ed team for the job. 

• ED Team
Just now, hanab said:

Thanks for you sincerity. 

For sure, for future modules, i will buy only when they are out of EA. 

I hope that hornet will be finish not too mate this year, thanks to ed team for the job. 

No problem, we know early access is a long process and can be frustrating but we really do appreciate the support. 

thanks

• Like 5

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There is still a lot to do on the Hornet. I rather would like to see the Hornet another year in EA, than releasing it as "done" with still missing features.

AI wingman is one thing to name only one thing.

ED will provide further support and will work on it even after EA though.

But to name it "done" with missing parts and a wingman that can not be controlled seems like a wrong path.

Greetings

Edited by Rescue
  • Like 2

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Rescue said:

There is still a lot to do on the Hornet. I rather would like to see the Hornet another year in EA, than releasing it as "done" with still missing features.

AI wingman is one thing to name only one thing.

ED will provide further support and will work on it even after EA though.

But to name it "done" with missing parts and a wingman that can not be controlled seems like a wrong path.

Greetings

Hello, 

you miss the point about early access and what it means to leave early access. 

Early access will be complete when the main features of the project are completed. It does not mean work will stop on any out standing issues or bugs. 

AI work is a DCS core issue, not a Hornet problem.

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
45 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

So it gets out of early acces with only the major features,then it goes on bug fixing and it wont be completed afterwards?

bug fixing is always ongoing.

• Like 1

I have been flying the DCS FA-18 for about 2 years now and I am having an absolute blast. I don't care when the EA is done or if it is done. I am thrilled to have this plane as is now and knowing it will be getting better is icing on the cake. Thanks ED.

• Like 6

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, CBStu said:

I have been flying the DCS FA-18 for about 2 years now and I am having an absolute blast. I don't care when the EA is done or if it is done. I am thrilled to have this plane as is now and knowing it will be getting better is icing on the cake. Thanks ED.

Thank you, and good to know you are enjoying, we hope you will for many years to come. 

• Like 2

I don't care if it's called early access or medium access... they need to straighten up their QA process so even if it takes longer to throw out updates, this one step forward, 2 steps back is getting old... and so am I, :closedeyes:  unless the main goal is simply non-stop 'updating'.

You missunderstood what were talking about 180°
Right. But you got it now?
Even after release from EA, major features missing will still be developed and implemented. Bug fixing will be perpetually!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Right. But you got it now? emoji6.png
Even after release from EA, major features missing will still be developed and implemented. Bug fixing will be perpetually! emoji1.png
Cheers! emoji481.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hopefully.

BN's wording is very carefull and subtile

Guys, A-10C id now... how old? 11 years? It still has bug fixes from time to time, it had major upgrade last year. I think that says all.
It had a cockpit overhaul last year and some minor additions. But all major features and functionality were finished early on.

The Hornet still has major features and functionality missing and a lot of things are placeholders and WIP. The point of EA, at least in the usual sense, is to last until the above are finished. After that, the product can be maintained and most development resources can be shifted to something else. But for this to work, all missing and WIP items have to be completed while still in EA and the things that are left for later should be things that cannot be done within the current framework of DCS (such as the DTC).

Minor additions are fine after EA and bug fixing is something that will continue forever, as DCS is updated and that's normal.
  • Like 4

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I just hope the FM is considered a major feature and not a bug for EA.  There are numerous posts since release pointing out the problems with the FM...for me the biggest issue being it's lack of thrust/acceleration compared to real life charts and performance.

I wouldn't consider the Hornet out of EA until it's FM is spot on accurate as possible/allowed.

• Like 2

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"