DCS crashes after every mission start (log included)

Hive

Hi guys,

after the recent update(s) DCS crahes after every mission start (right after the loading screen) and is unplayable. I removed all mods und did a complete repair. No effect.

Any ideas or does anyone encounter the same problem? Log is attached.

Thank you very much!

dcs.20210605-054555.log

dcs.20210605-054555.crash

Edited by Hive

Hi, you're having the "DX device removed. Reason: 0x887A0006" error. This can be caused by:

• an issue with your graphics driver
  • overclocking (GPU, CPU, RAM...)
  • a faulty or weak PSU
  • CPU full of dust

Do you overclock?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thx for your reply. My PC is about two months old, so no dust. I got a 1000 Watts PSU. GPU is undervolted and stable. CPU and RAM work at standard values. I updated the graphics driver, but no change. Everything worked fine before the update. No problems with other applications.

Edited by Hive

Yesterday, a friend had the same issue. He said he had dowclocked his GPU. I had never heard about having this crash with underclocked GPU, but now you tell me the same thing. Can you please try with standard GPU voltage and frequency?

• Like 3

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Yesterday, a friend had the same issue. He said he had dowclocked his GPU. I had never heard about having this crash with underclocked GPU, but now you tell me the same thing. Can you please try with standard GPU voltage and frequency?

Wow, you were right! Changed to standard voltage/frequency and it worked right away 😀

But here comes the crazy part: After the successful test I changed back to my undervoltage settings and now it still works. Weird 🤔

Thank you very, very much 🙂