Connection issues GFIII with extension😥

Hi,

can one help me with my Gunfighter MkIII? I have the problem, that the red light flashes when i move the stick forward occassionaly. I fix it every time with losening the extension and re-fastening it really tight (REALLY TIGHT). I allready swaped to another extension and changed the grip. But it comes again occassionaly😥

My setup is GF III with 20cm Stick extension and MCG Ultimate / Kg-12.

thanks in advance🤝

Darkstar: Merged

Are you referring to the LEDs on the stick?

I have mine flashing in a similar manner, usually at the limits of movement but sometimes near the center and as you've said it happens when the extension connections at either end loosens off a little.

When it happens on my grip both the LEDs flash white, but I've got the LEDs programmed for shift and change of axes limits, that might account for the different colour I get

I've yet to find a solution to it, apart from retightnening the cap screw.

Haven't tried it yet but I reckon the addtion of some medium strength Locitie might help to prevent the cap screw backing out, just a thought

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply.

I refer to the LED on the blackbox, that usally is green after setup. I don't think its a problem of the movement limit, i think its because the 3 Pins seem to not make good contact in some movement of the stick.

Might try the locktite, good idea🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horstweihrauch said:

Thanks for your reply.

I refer to the LED on the blackbox, that usally is green after setup. I don't think its a problem of the movement limit, i think its because the 3 Pins seem to not make good contact in some movement of the stick.

Might try the locktite, good idea🙂

Ahh Ok different thing to what I see then, my blacbox LEDs are rock solid. I think my problem, although manifesting a different result,  is a similar phenonem, one of the pins lifting.

It's not 100% repeatable but when it does happen it 's usually when at an axes extreme.

I think the reason for that is because an extreme angled force is being applied and then one of the pins is being lifted/levered and breaking contact.

No problem with the Loctite idea, hope it works.

It hasn't occured recently with mine, but when it does I'm planning to tighten it all up and apply Loctite

• Like 1

I can't say I have seen this behavior in my Gunfighter Mk III with the 200 mm extension.

I did however add a small dead zone at the ends of each axis so I do not have to move the stick all the way to the stops to get full movement. Something about that last little bit of movement before hitting the stops always seemed to really torque the base and I was not totally comfortable with that.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I can see that with the extension the leverage is high and the tolerance for misaligned pins gets smaller.

I will report after testing the loctite.

That's another great idea with the dead zone at the end for protecting the precious base, thanks😃

• Like 1

Another thing to try before loctiting it: release the fastener, then while gently pressing on the grip tighten it back. This is just to make sure the grip is not rising before getting secured. Do the same with the grip and the extension.

• Like 1