Can you emulate the F/A-18 Upfront Controller (UFC) to a small Windows device?

I recently got a small 8" Windows touchscreen PC for a business solution; it didn't work out as anticipated so it's mine to play with. I was thinking about using it to emulate the F/A-18  UFC to further reduce eliminate the mouse. Is that a possibility; if 'Yes' can someone direct me to how it can be done.

Thanks in advance,

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@draconus....I went to the website to review and the dates of the updates and programs don't make me feel very comfortable with stability and moving forward. But thanks for you response.. 

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

I know it's not what you're asking about, but if one day you have a few bucks to spare - check the Stream Deck XL. This gear + the DCS plugin from @ctytler and you'll be in heaven. It's such a versatile bit of kit. Doesn't replace your throttle/joystick/etc., but complements them beautifully.

For example - it's great for UFC's. The advantage over a "tap-screen" is that it's got physical buttons, so you don't have to "aim" your finger. Fingers are somehow better with physical buttons than tap-screens. At least mine are.
(Of course tap-screens have the advantage of no boundaries for specific controls, you may define various "tap areas" freely, while the Stream Deck XL has a fixed set of 32 buttons, each of the same size, with LCD screen below them.)

EDIT: and it's got a proper enclosure! It firmly sits on the table, no need for "holders" or any contraptions of this sort.

Moreover, Stream Deck is often a rescue when a specific DCS module lacks appropriate key/button bindigs (lacks in such a way that you can't even add them yourself in the Lua files). For example, currently in the Viggen you can't have "bomb interval increase/decrease" - you can only have 10 (or 12 or so) buttons/keys for each position of this rotary selector. Enter ctytler's plugin for Stream Deck and it becomes possible! You spare one Stream Deck's button for "bomb interval rotate CW", another for "CCW" and on one on these buttons you may (if you like) "print" the current selected position of this dial. And it's all easy to set up. You can also (for more advanced users) do a little bit of easy Lua programming in the "export scripts" to achive things not possible to achive in a specific module out of the box.

It's a gorgeous supplement for your flight simming kit.

PS. No, I don't work for Elgato, I really like this thing 🙂
PS. Fun fact. It's actually my invention! Pay me huge royalties! 😉 I came up with the idea of Stream Deck in the early 80's... but the technology wasn't quite there at the time. Damn. 😉 So great it's become possible nowadays. All you need to do is just buy it. Easy!

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

@scoobie....visited StreamDeck to check it out. Some of it is over my head but I figure for DCS it is just an expensive button controller that allows you to assign key bindings and maybe macros. I already have that capability with the Razer Orbweaver with it's over 100 keys assignment on 6-7 levels for about USD$80. That has significantly reduced the need for a mouse...my grand plan for all my ACs. It the UFC that is my biggest challenge on the A-10C, F/A-18 and F-16. A solid export of that would make my day.

Thanks for you suggestion.....fly safe!

(I've rewritten this post.)

Sure, no problem! 🙂This Orbweaver thing looks really handy.

There are, however, two differences between Stream Deck and a keyboard:
1. You can have labels/icons under each button appropriate for the aircraft you're currently flying (say - different UFC's for A-10C and Hornet). So you always know what the button you're pressing does.
2. WITH the plugin I mentioned, Stream Deck becomes a bidirectional device. It can both send your button presses to DCS and read data from your aircraft in DCS - which you can display. A sample of what it can do is in the thread linked below.

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box