Will SP Campaigns be playable as 2P COOP?

WHOGX5

Will all single player campaigns and missions for the AH-64D be playable as two player co-op with a human pilot and gunner in the same helicopter? It'd be awesome if you could do entire campaigns with a buddy in the front/back seat. 😊

• Like 7

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Will all single player campaigns and missions for the AH-64D be playable as two player co-op with a human pilot and gunner in the same helicopter? It'd be awesome if you could do entire campaigns with a buddy in the front/back seat.
I really hope ED will change it campaign system so all campaigns for all modules can be co-op in the future.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just now, MAXsenna said:

I really hope ED will change it campaign system so all campaigns for all modules can be co-op in the future.

That'd be cool, but I was thinking only for multicrew modules where you fly as a single aircraft. IIRC the issue with flying SP Campaigns/Missions in multiplayer is that triggers don't work properly with multiple player controlled aircraft. That's why I was wondering whether it will be possible in the AH-64D where you're in the same aircraft and there won't be any issues with triggers and such.

• Like 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

That'd be cool, but I was thinking only for multicrew modules where you fly as a single aircraft. IIRC the issue with flying SP Campaigns/Missions in multiplayer is that triggers don't work properly with multiple player controlled aircraft. That's why I was wondering whether it will be possible in the AH-64D where you're in the same aircraft and there won't be any issues with triggers and such.
Yeah, I understood. But I believe DCS treats everyone as different enteties, so the triggers and such won't matter even if you're in the "same aircraft". Unfortunately. I believe I read this as somebody asked the same for the Tomcat. I could be wrong though, as this would be totally awesome!

• Thanks 1

This would be Awesome if they could get this to work. I certainly hope the dynamic campaign will be multiplayer too.

• Like 2

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

The challenge is protecting IP so that the  missions cant be copied arbitrarily 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

The challenge is protecting IP so that the  missions cant be copied arbitrarily 
Absolutely true! But I've read that several Campaign DLC creators would love a new system that supports multiplayer for all owners of a campaign, but currently it just doesn't.
Hopefully the new dynamic campaign system will fill the gap somewhat. I just love some of those scripted ones.

• Like 2

indeed i would love a multiplayer dynamic like raven one or similar.. but.. right now the tech isnt there 😞 and my guess is there are other alligators closer to the canoe... 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 4 months later...

I would love this as well. Would let you and your buddy familiarize with the ac and each other before entering multiplayer. I would support requiring both parties to own both module and campaigns. That is totally fair. Would also make a good DC even better.

I think a secondary effect would also pull more into MP. Would potentially lesson the learning curve to radios and server etiquette. Hopefully we get it in the future.

• Like 1

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

13 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Yeah, that'll probably be version 4.0 though, v1.0 will come next year.

Source? I wouldn't mind some lovely coop. And I certainly wouldn't mind a dynamic campaign engine.

But you can always just open the mission in the ME and re-rig it for multiplayer if it isn't too crazy on the scripting. It's just a lot of unnecessary work.

• Like 1

I would gladly pay for a good coop campaign that wouldn't require more than 2 players. Online coop servers are ok but they get pretty boring quick, no story etc. Good community made coop missions can be hard to find and when you find something interesting you notice it requires like +5 people. I have only one friend who plays DCS and i'm too lazy to find any new people to play with.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Am 2.11.2021 um 15:17 schrieb FalcoGer:

Source? I wouldn't mind some lovely coop. And I certainly wouldn't mind a dynamic campaign engine.

But you can always just open the mission in the ME and re-rig it for multiplayer if it isn't too crazy on the scripting. It's just a lot of unnecessary work.

You can't with a DLC campaign, as the copy protection prevents that. The included campaigns and missions are different.

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Am 4.11.2021 um 14:36 schrieb evilnate:

I don’t know about nowadays, but when the original black shark was released I edited the SP campaign miz files and added clients. Worked well for most missions.

Nowadays you can add the client slots to flight (group), so if there is no copy protection or trigger/script events that use the unit/player, but triggers are evaluated per the group and zones for "all in zone" not too tight, it is not too hard.

With the Dual cockpit multiplayer we really could use an upgrade to the DLC protection that would basically check,if you have a license before joining such a mission on a server/hosted game from a buddy.

I love the idea of flying some of the campaigns with a buddy... or a flight of human controlled client aircraft.

• Like 3

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)