Rain missing

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Rain should work, except for "Rain preset 3" we need to fix that. Preset 1 and 2 should be ok, I do have a report open and will review it in the morning

Snow, thunder and lightning needs some work, and will be addressed in the future. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, Airhunter said:

What about fog layers?

Fog will be addressed in the future also, with dust which also needs tweaking. 

edit:

It does seem as though we have a difference between our internal build and the public one regarding rain and we are looking into it. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Fog will be addressed in the future also, with dust which also needs tweaking. 
edit:
It does seem as though we have a difference between our internal build and the public one regarding rain and we are looking into it. 
thanks

We’re also all patiently waiting for the water improvements you guys have been teasing us with in videos of internal builds for months now. :)
  • Like 2

• ED Team
16 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

26 minutes ago, Tanuki44 said:

I confirm but in outside view (F2) we don't have the rain effect like in the 2.5 version

yes we are aware and looking into it, see my above quote 

thanks

• Thanks 1

I see rain and show flying and on the cockpit glass. Thanks!

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Has it been optimized though? Previously the rain lowered fps a lot, especially in VR.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

2 minutes ago, pimp said:

Has it been optimized though? Previously the rain lowered fps a lot, especially in VR.

well i had just tested in vr,   Overcast 3 with rain in Persian gulf map Flying f16,  and my GPU usage was down in the 70 percent range and ran great.  Then loaded the free flight PG F16 mission which has scattered 2 or something preset  and the usage was in the 90 percent range on gpu.  So  So far it ran great for me, rain that is

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

• ED Team

Was in the patch notes 🙂

Open Beta 2.7.7.15038

DCS World

• Overcast & rain 3 seems to have no rain or rain effects in it - fixed

Good to see it has been sorted. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1