MCG Ultimate Grip loss of Brake Lever spring?

dburne

Anyone ever lose the brake lever spring action in an MCG grip?

Looking for some guidance on this - yesterday with my MCG Ultimate grip I lost all spring tension in the brake lever.

It will still work as the way it is weighted the lever will fall fully forward when not in use, but it sure ain't the same with no tension being applied when moving it.

Just wondering if this is something I can easily fix? I sure don't want to mess this puppy up any further.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok opened the grip up and it is a broken spring for the Brake Lever.

Will open a support ticket with VKB.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just to update I contacted VKB and they very promptly contacted me yesterday advising they will be sending a couple more springs to me.

So should have here in the new week or so I would think.

Very prompt on responding to me.

Whilst I can use that brake lever it just does not feel right with no spring action going on.

Plus I got to thinking, it is not like I am using the paddle all that often - at least while flight simming. However it occurs to me now while I have the stick mounted to my desk and just sitting here, I have a habit of operating that paddle lever just by habit, back and forth and back and forth. It is like a magnet to me lol. Guess I should probably quit doing that. Maybe if not for that the spring might never have broke.

• Like 2

Don B

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I received two brake lever springs today for my Ultimate Grip.

The fine folks at VKB not only sent me two springs they also include a very nice grip stand as well!

Perfect for my previous MCG Pro grip to have a place to sit!!

Thank you VKB!! Top notch service there!

O5WYxUM.jpg

Had a spare MCG Pro grip that needed a place to sit:

ZnYgNKP.jpg

Edited by dburne
  • Like 5

Don B

Spring is loaded back in ( wasn't too bad) and am back in business with that brake lever.

Thank you VKB!

• Like 2

Don B

• 7 months later...
On 6/25/2021 at 1:20 PM, dburne said:

Spring is loaded back in ( wasn't too bad) and am back in business with that brake lever.

Thank you VKB!

I also had the brake lever spring in my VKB Ultimate grip break yesterday.

When you replaced the spring, was it difficult or pretty straight forward?

Did the replacement springs that VKB sent you come with an instruction on how to install them?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

2 hours ago, lax22 said:

I also had the brake lever spring in my VKB Ultimate grip break yesterday.

When you replaced the spring, was it difficult or pretty straight forward?

Did the replacement springs that VKB sent you come with an instruction on how to install them?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Nope no instructions, one of the reps over on the VKB forum gave me a little guidance to help. Just post on it over there and I am sure someone will help you out as well.

Not too difficult but can be a little challenging getting the spring set back in there appropriately. But hey if I can do it I figure anyone can.

Edited by dburne

Don B

33 minutes ago, dburne said:

Nope no instructions, one of the reps over on the VKB forum gave me a little guidance to help. Just post on it over there and I am sure someone will help you out as well.

Not too difficult but can be a little challenging getting the spring set back in there appropriately. But hey if I can do it I figure anyone can.

Thank you!

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

19 minutes ago, lax22 said:

Thank you!

Here was my thread over at VKB forum on the same issue - hope this helps.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5523

• Like 1

Don B