Marta Super 530D after battery discharge

skywalker22

I was told that in DCS the missile Matra Super 530D explodes, which simulates discharge of the battery (after 45 seconds) which powers the missile. Is it true? Is that how suppose it acts IRL as well? If not, is it possible to fix it, so it will only glide without any control?

6 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

I was told that in DCS the missile Matra Super 530D explodes, which simulates discharge of the battery (after 45 seconds) which powers the missile. Is it true? Is that how suppose it acts IRL as well? If not, is it possible to fix it, so it will only glide without any control?

Why do you suppose the contrary ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I would assume, if emulating RW behavior and practices correctly, that the missile should detonate after loss of power from the (guessing thermal?) battery.

It would NOT continue on in a glide down to earth - why gift any explosive/technology to your adversary?

Not only that, live explosives in a degraded state are extremely unsafe to be left lying around after impact with terra firma.

Having a missile carry on without any form of control is detrimental to both sides, and general population. 

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.