UB-32 or B8V20 with fairing?

AvroLanc
Go to solution Solved by Jun,

In the first image below, which is a grab from the Pre-order vid, are we looking at a UB-32 57mm Rocket Pod or a B8V20 80mm pod with a nose cone fairing. I think the later, which means we get the option to mount B8V20 with or without the nosecone fairing? Hopefully. More options = good.

I don't think we've seen a shot of the 57mm UB-32 pod at all. See the 2nd image below. Personally I prefer the look of the 57mm pods, even if they were said to be ineffective in real use.

The current 3D model of the UB-32 in game is looking dated, so maybe it's being updated before release and that's why we haven't seen it??

UB-32.png

ub-321.jpg

b8v20.png

• Like 1

Pretty sure it's the pod for the S-8, just with the fairing (as used on fixed wing aircraft).

And yes the UB-32 is very dated, presumably it'll get a new model in due course - the UB-16 for the L-39 however, is pretty decent.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• Solution

B8 with fairing (B8M1) won't be available anymore upon release. It unintentionally ended up in the pre-order trailer. In real life B8M1 is not used on the Mi-24.

On 3/21/2021 at 7:23 PM, PilotMi8 said:
On 3/21/2021 at 3:15 PM, S.E.Bulba said:

Не совсем понял причинно-следственную связь… сейчас в редакторе миссий для бота Ми-24В целеуказательные НАР С-8ЦМ прекрасно доступны и в блоках Б8В20-А (для DCS: Ка-50 и Ми-8МТВ2 – только в Б8В20-А).

на картинке в новостях - ребята-оформители этот М1 подвесили, т.к. МЕ позволяет (пока что). Это  наше упущение, просто недосмотрели - уберем!)))

• Like 2

Untitled-2.png

3 hours ago, Jun said:

B8 with fairing (B8M1) won't be available anymore upon release. It unintentionally ended up in the pre-order trailer. In real life B8M1 is not used on the Mi-24.

OK thanks for that. Understandable, if a bit disappointing. The fairing version looks more elegant. 

On 6/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, AvroLanc said:

In the first image below, which is a grab from the Pre-order vid, are we looking at a UB-32 57mm Rocket Pod or a B8V20 80mm pod with a nose cone fairing. I think the later, which means we get the option to mount B8V20 with or without the nosecone fairing? Hopefully. More options = good.

I don't think we've seen a shot of the 57mm UB-32 pod at all. See the 2nd image below. Personally I prefer the look of the 57mm pods, even if they were said to be ineffective in real use.

The current 3D model of the UB-32 in game is looking dated, so maybe it's being updated before release and that's why we haven't seen it??

UB-32.png

ub-321.jpg

b8v20.png

Ehh depends they had there use. When mercs where fighting with Mi-24s in Seirra Leone they used the S5 rockets the most. Though that was mostly because they had a lot of them compared to the S8 rockets.