L39 - personal wishlist/ update list

HI 
The L39 is an amazing aircraft, unfortunetly it aged quite a bit - mainly the cockpit textures and funcions.
In my opinion, a general update (like the ka-50's) would be really well recived.
Another thing i noticed is the (imo) wierd damage for its weapons, for example: i would imagine that 12 7.62 machineguns fireing at a huey for a considerable time would do at least something.

This is my opinion so don't get upset ;)

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 9:18 PM, Polish sukhoi said:

HI 
The L39 is an amazing aircraft, unfortunetly it aged quite a bit - mainly the cockpit textures and funcions.
In my opinion, a general update (like the ka-50's) would be really well recived.
Another thing i noticed is the (imo) wierd damage for its weapons, for example: i would imagine that 12 7.62 machineguns fireing at a huey for a considerable time would do at least something.

This is my opinion so don't get upset 😉

I've parked it in the hangar, indefinitely. It's a shame, because it's a great little plane. My number one reason for the grounding? The terrible baked in cockpit reflections, which are absolutely awful in Virtual Reality, they not only look terrible, they make it incredibly difficult to actually see where you are heading. I know that there are mods out there that can probably fix this, but I don't use mods (since they frequently break the game) and this really shouldn't be that difficult to for ED to fix. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 8 months later...
On 6/7/2021 at 3:38 PM, Lurker said:

I've parked it in the hangar, indefinitely. It's a shame, because it's a great little plane. My number one reason for the grounding? The terrible baked in cockpit reflections, which are absolutely awful in Virtual Reality, they not only look terrible, they make it incredibly difficult to actually see where you are heading. I know that there are mods out there that can probably fix this, but I don't use mods (since they frequently break the game) and this really shouldn't be that difficult to for ED to fix. 

I agree with you Lurker, when flying around without the HUD, you are faced with a massive smear that obscures most of the pilots view through the front screen. I've been unable to find a mod that will cure this and from what I've seen, there is supposed to be some sort of glare shield over the area in front of the HUD. We could do with having that looked in to.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 9:49 PM, NineLine said:

We do support all our modules and assets, and I am sure when the time is available this to will be updated, I just don't have a timeline on when that might be. Thanks.

Hey NineLine, you mentioned this, but the last actual patch note for the L-39 was in December 2021 where a take-off direction was flipped for a single mission. The one before that is December 2020 where they fixed a cockpit oxygen warning. The key issues with this module (reflections, weapon damage) would take no effort to fix, it just hasn't been given even a man-hour of resources in 2 years time.

So any news on any fixes in the near future to show us it's not completely abandoned?

December gonna be a good month this year for L-39 enjoyers?

Edited by Noctrach
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 10:27 PM, Noctrach said:

Hey NineLine, you mentioned this, but the last actual patch note for the L-39 was in December 2021 where a take-off direction was flipped for a single mission. The one before that is December 2020 where they fixed a cockpit oxygen warning. The key issues with this module (reflections, weapon damage) would take no effort to fix, it just hasn't been given even a man-hour of resources in 2 years time.

So any news on any fixes in the near future to show us it's not completely abandoned?

December gonna be a good month this year for L-39 enjoyers?

Not the only bug easy to fix I think 🤔

• Like 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG