[REPORTED] DESG and Targetpoint Zero

lukeXIII

To summarise some info from the NFM-000 (23.9.40 Quick Access, 23.19 HUD Steering):

Any system designation that is created or moved is always stored into T0, for example if a waypoint is designated or whether a target is designated through the HUD. As the EHSD/HUD is always navigating towards the currently selected steer-to-point (STP), the STP will need to be changed to T0 so that the HUD steers towards the system designation. This can be done by holding waypoint increment which initialises quick access mode and selects T0 on the EHSD if a system designation exists. An important distinction to make is that holding waypoint increment does not create T0 but simply changes the EHSD STP. With a system designation existing and T0 selected on the EHSD, DESG should be boxed with "STP" and the waypoint circle should be replaced with a designation diamond. Moving the system designation should automatically update T0 and DESG should still display "STP".

The issues with the current implementation is that the system designation and T0 are being treated as separate and can exist in separate locations (they should always be in the same place). T0 is incorrectly only being updated if the TDC is pressed or if waypoint increment hold is used. This means that DESG can be displayed as TGT even if T0 is the STP, and the waypoint circle and diamond is displayed at the same time (see attached image). 

In short:

-The system designation should always be stored into T0 and updated if moved

-If a designation exists and T0 has been selected on the EHSD then: 

-DESG should always be boxed as "STP" 

-the waypoint circle should be replaced with the designation diamond

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.05.23 - 15.08.11.84.png

• Like 2

This incorrect DESG functionality is reported, but you don't find it as Razbam keeps moving valid open bug reports to "Resolved bugs" category incorrectly....

Your report tells the sub-mode logic in system.

You should never be required to press OSB for boxing the DESG so you get designation, steering guidance and AUTO delivery (and allow releasing weapons in CCIP mode too). 

The designation (and targeting) systems logic is incorrect and should be rewritten.

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

4 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

I dont understand why they are constantly moving open bug reports to "Resolved Bugs" when they are not fixed, even in their current dev builds.   I can see why chuck and Baltic stopped making manuals for this.

Because it is "the way how ELMO wants to do report management"....

It is annoying as to find out the problems or fixes you can't do it via forum as the reports are all over different places and not organized or even responded by Razbam.

At this moment it is just easier to make a new report no matter how duplicate because to find the possible duplicates is either too time consuming or worthless when Razbam doesn't respond to them even when called for it.

Example this bug report has it roots deep in the other major systems that has been totally incorrectly implemented or even missing. So to get a major system like the Mission Computer (MC) implemented correctly it would require dozens of big reports all over the places. At that moment it is easier to just say that system is overall incorrect and needs rewriting.

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kappa said:

Elmo? Is he still here? 

I haven't read any messages from him on this forum for at least a month now...

Yes he is, he visits at least weekly. But as far I know, he has given up the bug handling for personal reasons to some other people like Myhelljumper etc.

He has been months now absent from Harrier forum, but he is active in their Discord, so it is not time related when he has time to chit-chat there. 

Elmo_visits.jpg

Harrier bug reports has been for years now handled in very odd manner, what now here and then someone does something good. 

Edited by Fri13

2 ore fa, Fri13 ha scritto:

Yes he is, he visits at least weekly. But as far I know, he has given up the bug handling for personal reasons to some other people like Myhelljumper etc.

He has been months now absent from Harrier forum, but he is active in their Discord, so it is not time related when he has time to chit-chat there. 

Elmo_visits.jpg

Harrier bug reports has been for years now handled in very odd manner, what now here and then someone does something good. 

haha we burned another community manager 😅

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• 4 months later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [Investigating] DESG and Targetpoint Zero
  • 5 weeks later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] DESG and Targetpoint Zero