Ray Tracing

Tinkickef

I have heard it said (from Simon Pearson) that ED plan to implement ray tracing /support DLSS in the future.

Has anyone heard of any rough timeframes - even to the year?

As mentioned elsewhere, airport floodlighting needs seriously addressing.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Personally, I'm more interested in raycasting technology (which is kinda similar to raytracing) coming to our RADARs, as they're a better way of simulating clutter (this is actually what the AJS 37, F-14A/B, MiG-19P(?) and what the Mirage 2000C is planned to use, not sure about the MiG-21bis - apparently the RADAR had/was planned to be updated to a raycasting scheme, but the clutter representation looks the same as it always does, just with higher refresh rate - it's certainly not looking like how it was teased to look).

It could also apply to proximity fuses, which at the moment, I think still fuse on either pilot's head or the distance to the geometric centre of whatever object they're fusing on, a raycasting scheme would also mean they could fuse on other objects, which AFAIK, they should.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.