rescue shot down pilot?

darkman222

I was playing on the kirks hangar MP server. I picked a T72 drove around and found a shot down pilot from my own coaliton. I did not want to drive over him intentionally, I swear 😉 But now he is stuck to my tank. Is that a bug? Or can I bring him somewhere safe that way?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ED seems to be going for something like that. On MP shot down pilots are shown on the map. I crashed with an F16 durning landing 😉 and ejected. I was just curious and took a Hummer with the combined arms module. The aircraft was gone as I left the slot. But  I could drive to my former ejected pilot, and again, I could kinda pick him up with the hummer.

Does not look like a comfortable ride on the hood of the hummer though.

Edited by darkman222

1 hour ago, JeffreyC said:

They show on the map in SP too not just on MP. 👍

We've experimented with it in MP, and unless ED has changed something in the last couple of patches (they seem to be making changes to how downed pilots are treated), the position of the pilot is not synced in MP.  If you as the pilot move around on the ground after landing, other players can't ever see anything other than your pilot standing around at the chute where you landed.  In practice, you can talk on CSAR to come get you, then glitch/clip your way into the helicopter, but the CSAR pilot won't see you do any of it.

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

On 6/29/2021 at 7:50 PM, 2alpha-down0 said:

We've experimented with it in MP, and unless ED has changed something in the last couple of patches (they seem to be making changes to how downed pilots are treated), the position of the pilot is not synced in MP.  If you as the pilot move around on the ground after landing, other players can't ever see anything other than your pilot standing around at the chute where you landed.  In practice, you can talk on CSAR to come get you, then glitch/clip your way into the helicopter, but the CSAR pilot won't see you do any of it.

I think you quoted the wrong person. I specifically stated SP, not MP. I don't ever even go into MP nor any interested in MP. I said in SP, the F10 map shows ejected pilot location.

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I agree that this would be great in sp or mp. I haven't dived into mp yet, 12 months of training myself first on a number of modules, but I would consider it just to be able to fly a chopper around and recover pilots. I too noted that in sp there is now a marker for downed pilots so surely that is something being considered. Is there a way of raising this as a requested feature? ( I haven't used this forum much so apols if this is a basic question)...would happily raise and manage such a request. 

I heared that the Hind will serve as "technology carrier" for new infantry mechanics in relation to vehicles.

That's supposedly also why the cargo bay is yet not accessable.

I hope it's true, maybe Huey and Hippo get this in the end and we can do propper SAR, troop transport and maybe even internal cargo transport at some point.

I think it's also on this huge semi-whatever-official roadmap of ED.

Not sure though

Alias in Discord: Mailman

23 hours ago, petsild said:

I almost succeeded. I kept one live pilot in the helicopter for a few seconds....

With script, it's possible to replace any ejected pilot by an infantry of same country (or a pilot model, if using mod like the one by @SUNTSAG ), than check any helicopter of same coalition that lands within 100 meters from ejected pilot, that makes him run to the "evac" heli and jump onboard, and than when the "evac" heli lands on a defined "disembark zone" the pilot disembarks and walks away.

Here is a track example with AI. I think if you own the UH-1 you can take control of it (Ralt J) and do the "evac" yourself.

test-rescue-ejected-pilot.trk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After installing the mode, I insert the pilot into the mission in the editor, but after launching no unit is visible and I have no control over it.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• 1 month later...

I often found myself skidding off the deck of the carrier in a hornet and ejecting just to drop through the water which kind of ruins the immersion for me. I really hope that a floating pilot model could be implemented since 95% of the Marianna's map is water and combine that with rookie supercarrier ops makes a good reason for CSAR missions and floating pilot animations. Let's hope that the F10 ejected pilot markers are a teaser for what's to come.

Also maybe one day we will get a remodelled SH60 please ED... 🙂 

Regards GL

• Like 2