Radar filters and speed gate

IkarusC42B Pilot

+1. Both of these are important in the correct operation of the radar and the jammer. Especially the letter is pretty critical, so we won't have to manually use the ECM knob every time.

• Like 2

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

On 6/7/2021 at 5:14 PM, Harker said:

+1. Both of these are important in the correct operation of the radar and the jammer. Especially the letter is pretty critical, so we won't have to manually use the ECM knob every time.

The speed gate is selectable now, but I haven't had enough time to actually test it.

The speed gate is selectable now, but I haven't had enough time to actually test it.
You're right. I assumed it didn't do anything because it wasn't mentioned in the changelog, I'll test it out. Thanks.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

20 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

👀 wha...really?

Yup, it's a weird change because they didn't even talk about it in the patch notes. Hopefully this means that eventually all the other relevant missing features of the radar will get implemented. I'd add quick look, ECCM (which is marked in the official manual as 'coming later') and maybe even an engine wide support for different radar channels, which would be cool.

Tested, I can't see a difference between NORM and WIDE. WIDE should only show high speed targets, while norm should medium and high speed. Tested with targets ranging from M 0.3 to M 1.0 and found no difference whatsoever. All targets were close to each other and were detected together.

Looks like the option change does nothing.

-

38 minutes ago, Harker said:

Tested, I can't see a difference between NORM and WIDE. WIDE should only show high speed targets, while norm should medium and high speed. Tested with targets ranging from M 0.3 to M 1.0 and found no difference whatsoever. All targets were close to each other and were detected together.

😢 i knew it was too beautifull to be true

Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot

14 hours ago, WobblyFlops said:

Yup, it's a weird change because they didn't even talk about it in the patch notes. Hopefully this means that eventually all the other relevant missing features of the radar will get implemented. I'd add quick look, ECCM (which is marked in the official manual as 'coming later') and maybe even an engine wide support for different radar channels, which would be cool.

Different radar channels would be interesting from an ECM standpoint. 

• Like 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

4 hours ago, Harker said:

Which setting sees the missiles coming at you now?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).