Peoples missions/plans for the hind?

CapnLacey

Shturm and Ataka guidance system...

The main thing that separates Mi-24P from Mi-8MTV2. 

Cannon is already seen in Su-25 and KA-50 (when fixed), as well gunpods in Mi-8MTV2.

The YakB would have been very interesting but now it is those missiles.

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

12 minutes ago, CapnLacey said:

Not sure if posted before but anyone got any ideas of what they'll start off with whether it be before or after learning to start the beast?

I intend to edit weapons practice missions, to get used to the Mi-24 weaponry ... most likely using the Syria Map 🙂

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

First few hours will just be getting used to all the systems and flying characteristics.

Startup and general usage should be simple with just Mi-8 knowledge, but the weapons, especially the Raduga-Sh, will be super interesting to try.

Also, getting used to Petrovich.

Then I'm gonna worry about stuff to do, but I feel like just flying it will give me plenty of fun for quite a few hours lol

• Like 4

Does anyone knows if the Hind will came with an included Campaign? 

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

39 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I intend to edit weapons practice missions, to get used to the Mi-24 weaponry ... most likely using the Syria Map 🙂

That's interesting! Is there a way to change the map post mission creation? I have got a nice mission I built for Hornet in SoH but want this mission in Syria, can I somehow make it happen without re-creating all triggers etc.?

Just now, Rudel_chw said:

Does anyone knows if the Hind will came with an included Campaign? 

On release:

• Campaign by Eagle Dynamics
  • Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

12 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

That's interesting! Is there a way to change the map post mission creation? I have got a nice mission I built for Hornet in SoH but want this mission in Syria, can I somehow make it happen without re-creating all triggers etc.?

It can be done, but it is not easy.  First, make a backup copy of the mission. Next, inside the miz file, edit the "mission" file using Notepad ++. Look for a line like this:

["theatre"] = "Caucasus",

edit and change it .. the Map names are as follows:

Nevada

Normandy

PersianGulf

TheChannel

Syria

Next time you open the Mission on the Editor, it will be on the new Map and the triggers will be intact.

HOWEVER: All the units and Statics will be at wrong locations, some even will be outside the Map limits and thus invisible. Same for trigger zones.

You may be able to select the units on the Unit list and then drag them onto the visible part of the map. If you are unable to bring the unit into view your last option will be to Ctrl+X it, clic on the Map and then Ctrl+V to paste it, but any trigger that referenced the unit will have to be manually fixed, as the Ctrl+X will affect it.

22 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

On release:

• Campaign by Eagle Dynamics

Thanks .. didn't knew that 👍

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

It can be done, but it is not easy.  First, make a backup copy of the mission. Next, inside the miz file, edit the "mission" file using Notepad ++. Look for a line like this:

["theatre"] = "Caucasus",

edit and change it .. the Map names are as follows:

Nevada

Normandy

PersianGulf

TheChannel

Syria

Next time you open the Mission on the Editor, it will be on the new Map and the triggers will be intact.

HOWEVER: All the units and Statics will be at wrong locations, some even will be outside the Map limits and thus invisible. Same for trigger zones.

You may be able to select the units on the Unit list and then drag them onto the visible part of the map. If you are unable to bring the unit into view your last option will be to Ctrl+X it, clic on the Map and then Ctrl+V to paste it, but any trigger that referenced the unit will have to be manually fixed, as the Ctrl+X will affect it.

Thanks .. didn't knew that 👍

Thank you kindly. I would imagine with trigger zones and units, that's easy comparing to re-doing it all. Thanks!

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

5 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Thank you kindly. I would imagine with trigger zones and units, that's easy comparing to re-doing it all. Thanks!

If I had any LUA programming ability, I would have programmed a little tool to fix unit's map coordinates automatically. It should be pretty easy to convert the unit coordinates, such that it at least appears within the Maps border ... obviously every unit would still have to be relocated by hand to fit the new map, but at least they would be visible and no trigger would need editing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to fly all over the Marianas, get to grips with the systems and flying it to the best of my ability.

Then I'm going to set up a range and practice using the ATGMs.

Then I think I'm going to do some practice logistics missions.

After that, who know, probably a bit of everything.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Exactly!

3 hours ago, Morrov said:

First few hours will just be getting used to all the systems and flying characteristics.

Startup and general usage should be simple with just Mi-8 knowledge, but the weapons, especially the Raduga-Sh, will be super interesting to try.

Also, getting used to Petrovich.

Then I'm gonna worry about stuff to do, but I feel like just flying it will give me plenty of fun for quite a few hours lol

When I finish learning the basics flying will be most of my time spent on DCS for the next few months

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CapnLacey said:

When I finish learning the basics flying will be most of my time spent on DCS for the next few months

Yeah, my other modules will be collecting dust for a long while

• Like 4

I'll hit Left Win-Home to start it and fly it around for an hour to see how it handles compared to the Magnificent Hippo. Life is too short for learning how to cold start aircraft.

Then I'll put it back in the hangar until ED do something about their ground AI, if they ever do....

Not really, I'll still fly it, but there won't be much point in trying to actually do anything combat related with it beyond shooting trucks.

Edited by Extranajero
I spelt hanger uncorect

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

7 minutes ago, Extranajero said:

... there won't be much point in trying to actually do anything combat related with it beyond shooting trucks.

why did you purchased it then?  It doesn’t make sense.

• Like 2

When Razbam gets the Falklands map running, and the mi-24 gets R-60m's I'll set up a mission in the Falklands in winter. First i'll defend the base from a pair of F-16 (a couple of bothersome flies) then i'll set up a mission where I have to attack a single soldier armed with only a Stinger. I think it will be a hit.

Edited by CrazyGman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

If I had any LUA programming ability, I would have programmed a little tool to fix unit's map coordinates automatically. It should be pretty easy to convert the unit coordinates, such that it at least appears within the Maps border ... obviously every unit would still have to be relocated by hand to fit the new map, but at least they would be visible and no trigger would need editing.

Maybe one day ED can bring a feature like changing maps like they did with changing coalitions. No worries.

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yep. 

...and shooting trucks is great! 

Just put some AAA / MANPADS near and it's not boring at all.

• Like 1

I will master it. 

All of it. Startup, taxi, take off, weapons, flight, and all else. It's going to be great fun.

• Like 2

No idea, i think I will probably practice the start-up mission (if they include one in early access, hopefully they do.) If not, then I will have to figure out how to do a start-up in VR. Maybe find a way to get the start-up checklist up inside the kneeboard or something. If that's even a thing anymore. I doubt I will be able to memorize the sequence without a list, and making my own paper list and not being able to use it in VR (or having to take off the headset) is gonna be a bit of a hassle. 

Once I figure out how to start it, then I will probably mess around with how to get it in the air, and how to get it to do what I want it to do. I think getting it in to a stable hover from level flight is going to be challenging. 

After that I'm probably going to mess around with Petrovich, just to find out what the AI can and can't do. Hopefully it's going to be as easy and intuitive to use as Heatblur's Jester AI. 

After that I'm gonna download some of the great target practice missions you very talented mission designers choose to share for us. On Syria of course. 🙂 (I suck at using the mission editor)

Lastly, I hope to take it online and try to find creative and quirky ways of not getting shot down. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

At least I have an idea of what I would like to do with the module. At the beginning it is clear that you try to master the module as well as possible. Maybe later, if there is time, to join an online squadron (e.g. the UGLY AND BLACK ANGELS). And, among other things, create my own campaign for the Persian Gulf map. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

14 hours ago, CapnLacey said:

Not sure if posted before but anyone got any ideas of what they'll start off with whether it be before or after learning to start the beast?

Step 1: send the kids to bed, and give a good book to the missus

Step 2: start hot and practice hovering. Once satisfactory,

Step 3: learn quick deceleration and point landings

Step 4: RTFM (always last)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

DCS is a pretty good non-combat flight sim, arguably the best around. I'll fly the Hind for the same non combat tasks it's performed for 98.5% of it's existence.
Later - when we get the right ground assets, with the right AI - I'll fly it in simulated combat. 
Make sense now ?

• Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

53 minutes ago, Extranajero said:

DCS is a pretty good non-combat flight sim, arguably the best around.

I'm with you on this one, as far as flight modelling is concerned, as far as anything else though....well, not so much. (Looking at you ATC 🙂 )

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Buzz around an airbase on the Syria map for a bit with some targets to get a feel for the chopper, weapons and startup. After that hop into an unrestricted MP server and try it out in the world of Hornets, Vipers and FC3 planes. I expect it will go fairly well tbh.

• Like 1

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

1 hour ago, Extranajero said:

DCS is a pretty good non-combat flight sim, arguably the best around. I'll fly the Hind for the same non combat tasks it's performed for 98.5% of it's existence.
Later - when we get the right ground assets, with the right AI - I'll fly it in simulated combat. 
Make sense now ?

Yea it does good answer.

• Like 1