Peoples missions/plans for the hind?

CapnLacey

With new modules I usually begin with a hot start and just play around with my new toy for a while. With the Hind I'll just practice hovering / landing / low speed handling for the first few hours. Sort out my joystick axes and the most important HOTAS buttons. When I am somewhat comfortable with flying, I usually create a simple mission (a few trucks or whatever) and practice attack runs with various weapons.

Long term I am in a similar boat with a few of the previous posters. With the current state of DCS ground AI I don't believe the Hind will do very well, which is a shame. But I personally enjoy flying whirlybirds and the Hind will be a blast, even if it will probably only work well in very specific, custom-made missions. So I'll stick to that and hope that with all the new choppers on the horizon, perhaps we'll get better ground unit behavior and updated rocket damage modelling some day (pretty please ED!)

11 minutes ago, Lovcar said:

Здравия парни.Я же,все-таки начну с холодного запуск А Ми- 24.Хочу разобраться со всеми системами) 

Agree, the Cold Start is the moment where one interacts with most of the aircraft systems and its the best way to get to know the aircraft in detail 👍

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

- Tutorial missions

- SAR Server

- Low Level Hell

- Syria at War Armed Recon

- Persian Gulf at War Logistics

- Private Sandbox Missions

- Campaigns?

Probably mostly that stuff. And a lot of solo time spent practicing different things or just flying it for the sake of flying it and enjoying the scenery or taking screenshots.

Yea, the state of ground units in DCS kinda sucks and limits our ability to make realistic scenarios for the Hind, or even use it properly in many cases. But I'll find ways to keep myself entertained I think.

• Like 4

I'll start off in 2D get to know the bird , once happy turn on VR fly online in hoggit.

• Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .