Hornet kneeboard position help please

markturner1960
Go to solution Solved by Smashy,

Hi, I use the cubesim MFD’s and have had to change the .lua file because of issues with where DCS was projecting. My main monitor is 3840 wide and the screens 600, so my resolution in DCS is 4440 wide. In windows, the displays are arranged to the right hand side of my main monitor. 
Everything works great for the screens, except my kneeboard is displayed half off the main monitor.

Where can I edit the position it display to please?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, I use the cubesim MFD’s and have had to change the .lua file because of issues with where DCS was projecting. My main monitor is 3840 wide and the screens 600, so my resolution in DCS is 4440 wide. In windows, the displays are arranged to the right hand side of my main monitor. 
Everything works great for the screens, except my kneeboard is displayed half off the main monitor.
Where can I edit the position it display to please?
Sorry I don't know. But until somebody comes with a solution, just drag/resize it to your needs in the meantime.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

HaHa, yes, I did try this, but seem unable to drag the thing? I can extend the edge or the top I can see but am unable to click and drag the bugger..... not sure why....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Bingo, thanks, was obviously clicking everywhere but that strip.....

• Like 2

• Solution

You can edit the following file to set the initial position of the kneeboard to your liking:

Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Cockpit/ViewportHandling.lua

Look for the following line and modify accordingly:

local x0 = 0

From experimenting, the value in the variable represents the offset in pixels from the right edge of your monitor(s).  For example, my second monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 so I changed this value to:

local x0 = 1920

That pushes the kneeboard 1920 pixels to the left and puts it on the left edge of my first monitor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You can edit the following file to set the initial position of the kneeboard to your liking:

Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Cockpit/ViewportHandling.lua

Look for the following line and modify accordingly:

local x0 = 0

From experimenting, the value in the variable represents the offset in pixels from the right edge of your monitor(s).  For example, my second monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 so I changed this value to:

local x0 = 1920

That pushes the kneeboard 1920 pixels to the left and puts it on the left edge of my first monitor.
Thanks!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Hi Together,

I had a similar issue with the kneeboard not showing due to my high resolution monitor with 3840 x 2160. Now I change line 12 and 13 as attached. However, the kneeboard shows up too low on my screen, so I can see only the upper part. I may drag it up with the mouse but I kindly ask whether anybody has some advice of how to position the kneeboard right?

Thanks for your support

Achim

Kneeboard position_A.jpg

ViewportHandling_A.png

Try messing with:

dedicated_viewport                   = {3910,2437,600,700} 

It's at line 33.  By default it has a "default" variable in there.  Mine sets the kneeboard down and to the right on my external MFD, so you'll need to see what numbers you need to get it where you want.

Hi Rob,

This worked well for me. I left width and length as you mentioned and found suitable values for x and y axis. May I assume that I need to change back to default before having a multi-player session to ensure compatibility?

Kind regards

Achim

8 hours ago, Swallow said:

Hi Rob,

This worked well for me. I left width and length as you mentioned and found suitable values for x and y axis. May I assume that I need to change back to default before having a multi-player session to ensure compatibility?

Kind regards

Achim

Yep, if it's a server that wants PURE SCRIPTS (IC on) you will have to change it back.