Cant map/modify F16C SpeedBrake

I can not get my usual default.lua mod to work on the F16 Speed Brake. I want to make it EXTEND while pressed and RETARCT while released. The additional line 'name' I create (SPD BRK Switch - TOGGLE) will not even show in the control assignment. I have also tried renaming one of the existing assignments but that wont show either..?

Here is my code added below the default in BOLD:

{    down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE,            up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE,        cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_down = -1.0,    value_up = 0.0,        name = _('SPD BRK Switch - Aft/EXTEND (Momentary)'),                    category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{    down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE,                                                            cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_down =  0.0,                        name = _('SPD BRK Switch - OFF'),                                        category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{    down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE,                                                            cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_down =  1.0,                        name = _('SPD BRK Switch - Fwd/RETRACT'),    
 {    down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE,            up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE,        cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_down = -1.0,    value_up = 1.0,        name = _('SPD BRK Switch - TOGGLE'),                                    category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

Occulus Rift i7-7700 3.6Ghz 16GB Ram 1080Ti 11GB SSDx2

This worked for me:

{ down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('SPD BRK TEST'),category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}}

I used keyboard 'z' to check.

• Thanks 1

Thank you FREDERF!. That one worked (once I put the comma in at the end of your code ;-).

Although for the life of me i can not see why mine didnt...?! it is an exact cut and paste of the default format using all the EXACT grammer as yours. The only difference being the name=. 

If you happen to have the F86 and F5, could you possibly try one for those?

Occulus Rift i7-7700 3.6Ghz 16GB Ram 1080Ti 11GB SSDx2

I'm using DCS-Input-Command-Injector-Quaggles which injects custom commands into the lua to save having to rewrite the lua every update. The last object in the control list doesn't have a comma after it and since my list had only one element it had no comma.

F-86 no, but here is an attempt F-5:

{down = control_commands.SpdBrk, up = control_commands.SpdBrk, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = -1, value_up = 1, name = _('Speed Brake Switch - OUT (IN)'),category = _('Throttle Quadrant')}