Unable to view Kneeboard

Heroman30

Hi,

For some reason I cannot use my kneeboard in F18/F16. I have recently moved my saved games folder to a different drive so I initially thought that was the problem. As a result I uninstalled and re-installed the game but the issue is still there? 

I have tried pressing the kneeboard button on/off several times and changing the bindings but it will not show up.  I also have verified the integrity of all files on steam and no errors are produced. I am on the latest beta. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Hi, it happened to me only once (it was fixed after closing and reopening DCS), but I know someone else with the same issue, here:

Please try this:

1. Put the attached file into your "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Config" folder (it will enable full debug log),
  2. Reproduce the issue when the kneeboard is nowhere to be seen,
  3. Close DCS,
  4. Attach the resulting "dcs.log" file ( C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log - may appear as "dcs" ).

autoexec.cfg

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi,

I am using the in-game settings and changing the resolution to 3840 x 2160. If the DCS resolution does not match your monitor's native resolution then the kneeboard will not show up. Do you think this will be an easy fix? Please can you keep me updated as I will prefer to play at 4K (sharpens edges/jaggies). Thanks.

I don't know if this will be an easy fix becasue I'm only part of the testing team.

As soon as I reproduce the issue, I'll inform ED about this. Then we'll have to wait for a fix.

• Like 1

Just tested:

My monitor native resolution is 1920x1200.

I activated Nvidia DSR x4 to get resolution 3840x2400 ingame.

I then loaded a Su-25T instant action mission and pressed RShift+K: my kneeboard was displayed but it had moved to the left bottom part of the screen. I was able to grab it (maintain left click on the top part of the kneeboard).

Please try this:

1. run DCS with your monitor native resolution
  2. move the kneeboard to the top right part of your screen
  3. close DCS
  4. run DCS in your usual upscaling resolution
  5. do you see the kneeboard?

Hi,

I have followed the steps you have given, the only difference is that I changed the in-game resolution to 3840 x 2160 (not DSR). I too have also noticed that when using the SU-25T the kneeboard is in the bottom left corner however, when I used the F18/16 it is no longer visible. Have you tried doing this method with these aircraft? 

When you make a change to the Nvidia DSR do you do it in global settings? What DSR factor should I change it to get 4K? I was messing with this earlier today and I don't think it made an impact to my in-game resolution. 

I discovered DSR a few weeks ago, but I don't use it myself. I enable DSR in global Nvidia settings, yes.

I made the same observation as you: when I take screenshots of my "3840x2400" DCS, I get 1920x1200 pictures... maybe I do it wrong, I don't know. I enable DSR in my global Nvidia settings, yes.

There's another thing I don't understand. On my end, when DSR is off, DCS says 1920x1200 (native) is the limit. How can you run DCS at a higher resolution when you're not using DSR?

You were right about the F-18 anf F-16: I was able to reproduce your issue. When playing with DSR enabled, I cannot find their kneeboard. 👌

Thanks for looking into it. I must be able to run at higher resolution because I do notice a change in pixel density and also because the the kneeboard disappears. Otherwise why have a resolution setting within DCS?

If possible can you please report this and find a fix? Cheers.

• ED Team

This will be a difficult one, DCS is only happy when using the correct resolution for the monitor, it can effect click spots also. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

This will be a difficult one, DCS is only happy when using the correct resolution for the monitor, it can effect click spots also. 

Is there a different method of upscaling the resolution that will work with the kneeboard?

Is there a different method of upscaling the resolution that will work with the kneeboard?
Somebody else had sort of the same issue couple of days ago.
I don't remember the heading/thread, but search for to move/position the kneeboard, and you can define the position in some Lua file.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Edit:

Found it

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/273354-hornet-kneeboard-position-help-please/&share_tid=273354&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2