Is the snowing effect removed in 2.7 ?

Hi guys,

I just noticed that I can no longer have snow precipitation in 2.7. I tried with "Overcast and rain" 1,2 and 3. I also set the temperature to -10 and set the date in January. No snow fall.

Am I missing something or the precipitation for snow were temporarily removed?

1 hour ago, Frag said:

Hi guys,

I just noticed that I can no longer have snow precipitation in 2.7. I tried with "Overcast and rain" 1,2 and 3. I also set the temperature to -10 and set the date in January. No snow fall.

Am I missing something or the precipitation for snow were temporarily removed?

When 2.7 was released they announced that the new weather engine had no snow, but that snow would be added later.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Are you getting any precipitation at all? I don't even get rain appearing anymore outside the aircraft. I do, however, hear the rain, and see droplets on the cockpit itself. This is making it very easy to see though during rainy Case 3s. If you have any weather preset that works, let me know.  

• Like 2

No rain, it is a reported bug:

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.