AN/APG-73 Radar loosing contacts very frequently

GumidekCZ

I re-run test mission from this topic:

in DCS 2.7.1.7029 Open Beta,

And I found that Hornet radar have BUG now in loosing contacts very frequently, many times lead to AIM-120 unable to be supported (AIM-120 now have also BUG in onboard INS not working at all - unable to fly to predicted impact point after loosing D/L support).

AN,APG73_loosing_BUG_.trk

Edited by GumidekCZ

You need to increase the age out time. There is an inaccuracy in DCS right now where tracks go into MEM based on brick age out rather than proper MEM logic, but it can easily be worked around by simply increasing the time. 

Press DATA on the ATTK page, then in the top right of the screen there will be a number 2/4/8/16/32, representing the age out time. Set this to something higher until you get a stable track.

• Like 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

1 hour ago, GumidekCZ said:

And I found that Hornet radar have BUG now in loosing contacts very frequently, many times lead to AIM-120 unable to be supported (AIM-120 now have also BUG in onboard INS not working at all - unable to fly to predicted impact point after loosing D/L support).

The reason here is that the radar is in an interleaved mode.   What's happening is that you don't get any hits during MPRF on the track (because the target is too far) and the track ages out.

Like mentioned above, increasing the track timeout is one work-around, the other, or in addition to, is to go to all-HPRF.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

57 minutes ago, Swiftwin9s said:

You need to increase the age out time. There is an inaccuracy in DCS right now where tracks go into MEM based on brick age out rather than proper MEM logic, but it can easily be worked around by simply increasing the time. 

Press DATA on the ATTK page, then in the top right of the screen there will be a number 2/4/8/16/32, representing the age out time. Set this to something higher until you get a stable track.

I REALLY DONT WANT to read, what I shall do. I know that MEM thing. I WANT this bug to be fixed by ED!

THIS IS A BUG REPORT, not a kind ask about help.

EDIT: What a stupid thing, to change MEM setting every time you change PRF - this isnt really helping pilot to reduce his workload. I would bet, that INTL mod had something special setting already set in avionics IRW.

If ED have different data to confirm this weird radar MEM INTL thing, that it is Ok as it is. Hope that this theory ED have also confirmed but some RL Hornet pilots.

Sorry guys, I didnt wanted to be rude. My apology. But I really hate this stupid INTL mod feature.

Edited by GumidekCZ