Edit Chaff countermeasures?

pepin1234

I was playing in some tactics with Mig-21. I found a particular issue as we can’t edit the countermeasures in the editor (still need test this with the in game player GUI armament menu)

ones I start on the air I spend the chaffs really quick because I notice I spend more time trying to evade SAHR missiles than IR missiles. So basically I need a bit more Chaff than Flares.

i see the smaller containers are for Chaffs only in the Mig-21 countermeasures pods. 

Believed or not it is very important this extra chaffs. 18 are not really enough. 

can developers make the option in editor to edit and add more chaffs?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In this particular module The chaff can are smaller (see pods) and only reserved for chaff. there is not reason to keep the biggest can for flares only as this can size is standard size used IRL for both chaff and flares. Please see pods...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

tested again. So when I use player GUI rearming menu. I have only two options 40 Flares with 18 Chaffs, Or 38 Chaffs without flares. then that mean there is a combination of many Chaffs without Flares. that mean the bigger cans are used for Chaffs too. So Why we cant use a combination more flexible instead the standard 40 Flares with 18 Chaffs. 

If you use the Mig-21 against modern fighter you will know what I am talking about. 18 Chaffs is not enough. If IRL we can increase and combine more Chaffs we should have it this option. It is a very bad situation get out of Chaffs in the middle of a BVR defensive combat. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, Schmidtfire said:

Have you tried the SPS-141 ECM/Countermeasure pod? It is not made for jamming aircraft radars, but maybe you can carry more chaff.

I didn't use that pod so often. I will take a look. thanks 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]