ATFLIR takes designation priority from RDR, without being commanded to

Harker

Seen this while playing Rise of the Persian Lion campaing mission 14, and confirmed playing a sigle mission I've created on the editor:

Prerequisite:

• Setup BOTH Harpoon to R/BL mode form Stores pages.
  • AG mode ON
  • Master Arm ON
  • ATFLIR page on LEFT DDI
  • Radar SEA mode on RIGHT DDI page.

Procedure:

1. Set Radar SEA SOI pressing SCS Right
  2. Move TDC over target and press SCS Right: radar start track target, ATFLIR is slaved to target.
  3. Set ATFLIR SOI with SCS Left: -> Radar LOSE TARGET LOCK (!)
  4. Currently selected Harpoon missile is reset to BOL mode (!!)

What I'm actually doing in point 3 is try to visually identify the target by setting ATFLIR SOI and then zooming-in, however, doing so the radar loose the lock on my target. Is this the intended behavior?

Point 4 seems to be a bug.

• Like 4

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 5 weeks later...

regardless the future outcome of this investigation, I want to thank you all for participating. When I tried to get into the Hornet for the first time, inconsistencies like this made me put the module back into the waiting cue. The behavior of stuff like this some times felt illogical, unexpected and counterintuitive. Worst part of this, it wasn't conveyed transparently in manuals.

Things like these confused me that much, I wasn't even able to deliver a reasonable report, as I never could say if I simply wasn't understanding the concept but at the same time couldn't find the exact concept definitions anywhere.

Edited by Rongor
  • Like 1