Binding the RALT Radar Altimeter Warning Bug to an Axis

Bearfoot

Hi,

Currently, the only bindings available to set the radar altimeter RALT bug are:

- "Push to Test Switch - CCW/Decrease" 

- "Push to Test Switch - CW/Increase"

Is there way to bind this to an axis? Either a mod or patch or otherwise?

(Note: not talking about radar antenna elevation)

• Like 1

Ok, some progress.

Adding the following line

{action = id2163a_commands.ID2163A_SetMinAlt, cockpit_device_id = devices.ID2163A, name=_("Push to Test Switch"), category = {_("Right Vertical Panel")}},

into "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\default.lua"

exposes the control to be mapped to a key in the game, and the control responds.

So ... yay!

Problem is when assigned to an axis, the axis control acts as an incrementer/decrementer rather than a slider. That is, pushing the axis past the center continuously increments the value until the axis is centered again. And vice versa. For example, setting the axis at 25% does not result in an altitude at 25% the range, but continuously decreases the altitude down to zero and beyond until the axis is brought back to 50 %.

Of course, I've tried clicking the "slider" box inside the game in axis tuning for the control, and that doesn't seem to have changed things. So maybe I'm missing something.

The "id2163a_commands.ID2163A_SetMinAlt" is defined in "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua" as:

elements["pnt_291"]        = default_button_axis_extended(_("Push to Test Switch, (LMB) activate BIT checks/(MW) rotate clockwise to apply power and set low altitude index pointer"), devices.ID2163A, id2163a_commands.ID2163A_PushToTest, id2163a_commands.ID2163A_SetMinAlt, 292, 291, 0.1, true, nil, {30, -145}, {0,-60})

Maybe some of those numbers at the end need fiddling, or maybe I need to define a new element ("default_button_axis_limited"?) Is any of this documented somewhere, or does anyone know how it works?

Edited by Bearfoot
  • Like 2