Real life Tasking referencing Hornet

Can anyone speak with authority as to if a single Hornet would be tasked with two missions at the same time?  I.E, Bombing mission in conjunction with a SEAD TOO?  Are Attack missions in real life single threaded or are they usually multi tasked?

Wiz

Edited by wiz_of_wuz

Not a Hornet hand, but swing rolling is very much a part of most arms.

My frame of reference - I was a mud mover, and on many exercises we would have a main tgt, say a radar dome strike as the primary, and after complete on that we could be SEAD (within capabilities) with rockets (F-4), or maybe runway denial, followed by SEAD again with ALARM (Tornado).

The MAIN tgt is the prime focus, secondary roles can be assumed after prosecuting the main target, or if the main target is unobtainable for whatever reason, then the secondary role takes precedence.

Maximising the usefulness of airborne assets makes perfect sense. But having a sole target is absolutely necessary sometimes, and sole focus.

Edited by G.J.S
  • Like 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

On 6/7/2021 at 8:53 PM, G.J.S said:

Not a Hornet hand, but swing rolling is very much a part of most arms.

My frame of reference - I was a mud mover, and on many exercises we would have a main tgt, say a radar dome strike as the primary, and after complete on that we could be SEAD (within capabilities) with rockets (F-4), or maybe runway denial, followed by SEAD again with ALARM (Tornado).

The MAIN tgt is the prime focus, secondary roles can be assumed after prosecuting the main target, or if the main target is unobtainable for whatever reason, then the secondary role takes precedence.

Maximising the usefulness of airborne assets makes perfect sense. But having a sole target is absolutely necessary sometimes, and sole focus.

Thank you for the thoughtful response and context!  Greatly appreciated!

Wiz