Joystick type button on CM3 throttle

Double Dutch

Hi,

I slowly configuring my new throttle more an more 🙂, and was wondering if you guys configured the joystick type button (right side throttle, index finger position) and with what functionality.

TDC?

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

Yep TDC for me.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 hours ago, GoodHope said:

TDC here as well.  Curious to see if anyone has come up with another use because I also have the TDC mapped to my VKB Gunfighter thumbstick (which I find more intuitive).

I added buttons to the mini stick in the Virpil software, and use them for exterior view panning - tip I got from @imacken iirc.

So it doubles as TDC axis and exterior views panning when I go to exterior view.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

8 hours ago, dburne said:

I added buttons to the mini stick in the Virpil software, and use them for exterior view panning - tip I got from @imacken iirc.

So it doubles as TDC axis and exterior views panning when I go to exterior view.

I have now also edited it to the  mini joystick on the throttle...  works very fluently, more than on a button on my joystick (tried that as well).

For viewing around I use TrackIR, which was new to me, and I find it AMAZING!! The fact that when you turn your head in real life, you also do it in the plane. The fact that if the letters are small on the DDI and you lean forward you zoom in and get closer to the screen... wow! The  fact you do gear and with a quick peek of the head, you see it go.... wow!

(not even talking about looking for enemy planes around you) 

-----

22 hours ago, dburne said:

That's pretty slick and I'll have to give it a look.  Imacken always comes up with good stuff!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, dburne said:

Yep TDC for me.

I configured it, it worked.... used to lock planes in the Amraam training. Today I was redoing some basic training and couldn't get it to lock anymore. Checked my settings and TDC depress was not assigned anymore. But also I could not Assign pressing ministick to TDC depress 😞 

If I check in Virpil software, pressing it registers as the vertical axis blinks upon pressing. How can I assign the TDC to assigning a target agai?

Edited by Double Dutch

-----

57 minutes ago, Double Dutch said:

I configured it, it worked.... used to lock planes in the Amraam training. Today I was redoing some basic training and couldn't get it to lock anymore. Checked my settings and TDC depress was not assigned anymore. But also I could not Assign pressing ministick to TDC depress 😞 

If I check in Virpil software, pressing it registers as the vertical axis blinks upon pressing. How can I assign the TDC to assigning a target agai?

Hmm not really sure it assigned fine for me.

Don B

2 hours ago, dburne said:

Hmm not really sure it assigned fine for me.

Yeah thanks, after a restart of the game it was working again... weird 😞

Can you check your buttons in DCS while playing? I see it works for the axis...

-----

2 hours ago, Double Dutch said:

Yeah thanks, after a restart of the game it was working again... weird 😞

Can you check your buttons in DCS while playing? I see it works for the axis...

Yes my axis works for TDC movement and TDC depress button works, and the buttons work for panning around exterior view.

Edited by dburne

Don B