VR Titles

C3PO

Hi - could anyone recommend some VR titles so that I can try out my G2 in something other than DCS? Don't want any particular AAA title ... something that interestingly shows off the beauty of VR...don't want to pay huge megabucks. Edit: I don't have the controllers!

Edited by C3PO

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Try "Aircar" from Steam.  It is free and is a "VR experience".  It is not a game, just a hover car that you fly around in a futuristic city.  It was designed from the ground up for VR.  I use it to test my G2's video, audio, and controllers.  You can also plug in an Xbox controller to your PC and use it to control the car.

Here is a link:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1073390/Aircar/

Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Star Wars Squadrons is a nice homage to the Tie Fighter/X-Wing games of old. I have spent very little time playing it though, since the controls are so backwards compared to what we are used to in DCS. (Yaw is more important than Roll) I guess I'll get around to playing it, as it looks really good in VR. 

Half Life: Alyx is another great one. Probably the best VR game I've played Though you will need controllers for it. 

• Thanks 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Thank you!

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

You really should get the controllers since you'd be totally missing out without them. Too bad you got the headset without as it will be more expensive in the end to buy them separately. And they're like half the price of a Quest 2 which you could use wirelessly even in another room (in case that would grant you more space fpr playing), connected via WiFi running Virtual Desktop or the new Air Link that it comes with.

I'd recommend:

On Steam:

Half-Life: Alyx

Boneworks

SW Squadrons

VTOL VR

Ironwolf VR

Vox Machinae

Hellsplit: Arena

Blade & Sorcery

H3VR

Skyrim / Fallout 4

Unknightly

The Mage's Tale

Eye of the Temple (not out yet, but there's a free demo and it's awesome!)

On Oculus Rift / via REVIVE on any PCVR:

Asgard's Wrath

Lone Echo

Phantom: Covert Ops

Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond (also on Steam, but it's less on Rift and I've heard it would run better there for some)

On Quest:

In Death: Unchained (there's the original version on Steam as well, but that's not being developed any further for a while now)

Ancient Dungeon (App Lab, still free until full release, Steam version exists as well)

On both Oculus:

Vader Immortal I - III

The Wizards + TW: Dark Times

On any platform:

Moss

Down the Rabbit Hole

TWD: Saints and Sinners

Oh, and if you'd enjoy it, try Vivecraft mod for Minecraft (java). It's great.

And some other great games that have VR support like:

Elite: Dangerous

No Man's Sky (that wasn't great when it was new but I've heard a lot of good words on it more recently)

Asseto Corsa

Project Cars series

DIRT Rallye series

Edit: With that name, you should also give Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge a try.

Edited by Eldur
  • Thanks 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Might also try Aces High III.  Free download and offline play.  The VR implementation is pretty good especially the VR keyboard.

https://www.hitechcreations.com

I have also been enjoying Star Wars Pinball available on Steam.  This title can also be played with an Xbox controller.

Edited by Tshark

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.