MANPADS IGLA/STINGER(AVENGER) do NOT produce Missile Launch Warning

Shadow KT

3 minutes ago, PMcG said:

I think these systems are IR systems which won't give you any warning, unless your in a chopper.

They should give warnings in A10C and CII because they have the systems for it.

Only a few helis have that system aswell

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PMcG said:

I think these systems are IR systems which won't give you any warning, unless your in a chopper.

The A-10C and its upgrade have Missile Launch Warning systems, so you get a warning when missiles are fired around you. This is a bug, which ha been present in the past as well and has returned now.

• Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 2 weeks later...

i think i remember the guy from deka saying that some manpad unit doesnt properly set launch time for the missile, so they had to work around it in their module to fix it (jf-17 has mws).

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

On 6/10/2021 at 1:47 PM, PMcG said:

The Hog and a few other aircraft/helos have a missile warning system (MWS) that consists of passive IR sensors mounted around the aircraft that are tuned to pick up on the IR signature that missile rocket motors produce. That is in addition to the RWR. In our DCS A-10, it is a very distinct warning when the MWS senses a missile in the air. 

It’s only limits are that it gives general direction relative to your aircraft. It cannot tell if a missile is inbound or outbound, or a friendly missile from a hostile one. And it only gives a warning when the missiles’ rocket engine is lit. Once the rocket burns out, the warning stops, but you can still have a missile headed your way. RWR will tell you if it is a Fox 1 or 3 (most of the time) :smile:

F656BDF6-97A3-45C8-9881-8FB664C57509.jpeg

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg