AI Group Flight Question

tmansteve

Is there a way to get an AI group to circle until all are airborne and then to continue on route? I have 3 different groups to do ground attack on specific area but want them to reach their target at certain times. I think I might be asking a lot here but I thought I would ask.

I see there is a time setting in the ME for waypoint. If I set this, will this make all planes in group arrive at same time before heading to next waypoint?

Cheers

Having an orbit task and setting a stop condition to occur after a given time or flag value is one way to sync it. 

The time value for a waypoint will force the AI to try and reach that waypoint at the specified time. It is one of the easier ways to get AI to sync up their routes. Though it can be kind of finicky if you have built in delays like having to take-off and orbit tasks. 

• Thanks 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

From your wording I'm not sure if you're only concerned about syncing up different groups, or if you're also concerned about syncing up units within one group. If you care about the latter I think the AI will automatically orbit at the first waypoint after takeoff if part of its group is still on the ground, but you'll only notice this if WP1 is near the originating airport. Even so, using a trigger might be safer as it gives you a little more control over what the AI does.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

What I tried to do didn't work. I will look at the triggers and see if it will help. I wish the ai were a little more solid and would do what you ask. Bombing is a real pain. Sometimes it works great and then others, they act very strangely.

I seem to be doing so much study and not enough flying lol.

Edited by tmansteve