AIM-120s not tracking after launch while in STT mode

jwflowersii

@Jak525that very strange what you are saying. I`m no expert, but I cannot agree with you. 

What has to do with Rmax? You said everything. Missile won`t give up at the moment when it finds out it won`t reach the target. It will still try to follow the interception course to the target.

The aircraft passes data to the missile just before launch, giving it information about the location of the target aircraft from the launch point and its direction and speed.

After launch, if the firing aircraft continues to track the target data (changes in the target's direction and speed) are sent from the launch aircraft to the missile, allowing the missile to adjust its course, via actuation of the rear fins, so that it is able to close to a self-homing distance where it will be close enough to "catch" the target aircraft in the basket (the missile's radar field of view in which it will be able to lock onto the target aircraft, unassisted by the launch aircraft).

So please tell me, what Rmax has to do here anything?

About LOST, I would say that only means that launching aircraft lost the track to the target, and not to the missile (correct me if I`m wrong here) - that`s my experience. So missile`s guidance before going pitbull (thats cca 15nm before reaching target) is all controlled and guided by the launched aircraft.

3 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

So please tell me, what Rmax has to do here anything?

About LOST, I would say that only means that launching aircraft lost the track to the target, and not to the missile (correct me if I`m wrong here) - that`s my experience. So missile`s guidance before going pitbull (thats cca 15nm before reaching target) is all controlled and guided by the launched aircraft.

LOST means the WCS has computed that the missile cannot hit the target given the current parameters, so it certainly has plenty to do with Rmax.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

4 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

LOST means the WCS has computed that the missile cannot hit the target given the current parameters, so it certainly has plenty to do with Rmax.

Sorry for digging more into it, for example, I got LOST indicator when I was 10-15nm away from the target (so well inside even Rne, so it should reach it definitely. How can you explain that.

I did to my self, that radar on aircraft lost the target`s location.

17 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

Sorry for digging more into it, for example, I got LOST indicator when I was 10-15nm away from the target (so well inside even Rne, so it should reach it definitely. How can you explain that.

I'm not going to try to explain it.  The meaning of LOST is that the WCS has decided that the missile cannot reach its target.  It's possible that it may take things like notching into account, that I'm not certain about.   Use this information to do good and report good bugs.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

1 hour ago, GGTharos said:

I'm not going to try to explain it.  The meaning of LOST is that the WCS has decided that the missile cannot reach its target.  It's possible that it may take things like notching into account, that I'm not certain about.   Use this information to do good and report good bugs.

From my experience this is not the case and seems to happen almost every time off the rail even when it does track the target.  So it's not working properly if that's the case.

Just now, jwflowersii said:

From my experience this is not the case and seems to happen almost every time off the rail even when it does track the target.  So it's not working properly if that's the case.

Also, I was in Growling Sidewinder and launched a missile beyond rMAX and it tracked target just fine and got a kill with it as well.  

Same here when using WACO or HACO at a Bandit under 10 miles I have a hard time locking them on GS server. I am getting crazy locks and sometimes seems to be locking the Red's AWACs. Its not working right. looked right at the Bandit at 6 miles not lock

Ok reference: I am seeing this Random Bugs in Radar - Track Included - Bugs - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Edited by tanker82

2 hours ago, jwflowersii said:

I agree with your assessment.

2 hours ago, jwflowersii said:

Also, I was in Growling Sidewinder and launched a missile beyond rMAX and it tracked target just fine and got a kill with it as well.  

That just means the DLZ needs work.  The missile can still hit beyond Rmax, but the chances are low.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]