x56 slider for SB

201; I have had DCS from LOMAC days and am very versed on the generic programing of buttons and hats, BUT this is a bit different.  In both the F 16 and FA 18 the SB take 2 buttons, one to extend and another to retract.  The "mod" of the input ".lau" allows the "slider" on the X56 throttle to be used to open and close the SB.  The mod works well in the FA18, but not in the F16.  That is what I hope someone can help me with. (see the files)

sb4.jpg

• Like 1

I'm interested in the same for the X65 throttle.  

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

• 1 month later...

Your line for the SB 2POS looks fine to me and appears to work when I added it to Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick\default.lua and bound the slider button to it

My DCS sees a button pressed and held down when the slider is fully forward. In the jet, slider fully forward retracts the SB and slider back deploys the SB

However on the landing approach when gear is down, the SB in the F-16 does not open to the maximum unless the AFT position is held, probably a risk of SB hitting the ground. So I'm not sure if doing a 2POS SPD BRK like this is a good idea.

Edited by ice41

• 2 months later...

If you use the Logitech software you can change the slider into bands. So you can slice the slider into three sections. When in the forward section it hits key, when in middle section it hits key, and same for aft. The challenge is getting that key to repeat. Example I slide it back I hits the speed brake key once. I’m sure there is a way to repeat but I haven’t dug into it enough. Just thought I would throw that out there. Bands is how I turn my mouse mini stick to a radar slew. If you want more info just let me know. 

Edited by SunDown