HVAR aiming point

Really love flying the Jug, and using the HVAR rockets.  I've managed to take out a couple Tiger's at one point after many runs....  But that's the issue, I'm trying to figure out the best way to aim them.  (I realize they're not an accurate weapon, but I do wish to increase my odds).

I generally roll into my target at about 2K feet of altitude, and a very shallow dive rate.  Making sure I'm trimmed out as best as possible to minimize drift.  I generally fire the HVAR rockets from about a 1,000 feet away.  If I use the fixed site, the rockets (which are heavy) always fall short.  If I use the 40mils line, I'm a bit better with the target, but I'm still missing.  I do keep an eye on the gyro site, just to let me know if I'm drifting on my target approach.

Just curious what some of the other weapons experts are managing with the HVAR, and how you line things up. 

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

came across this, rather recent.  (wish the music in the background was off though).  forward to 1:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDqieDVLxGI

Edited by javelina1
correct spelling
  • Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks for the link and video. For HVAR I usually use the hash marks on the lower part of the sight to gauge my distance, and use the top of middle where the ring intersects if I am fast or slow to fire with. Usually when the vehicle is about the size of the hash mark lengthwise I fire then for distance. This guys method seems to work although he does seem to get closer before firing. For the 4.5in bazooka rockets I use the dot and funneled slant bars to aim and shoot distance wise with the hash marks below for ranging just like the HVARS. I like shooting far as possible to stay out of the AAA.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]