Late Activation AI Fighters Won't Engage

I'm continuously having problems getting late activated aircraft to engage. I put together this simple example to demonstrate the problem. The Late activated Su-27 just turns and heads home instead of engaging the F-15C. This used to work great but now it's either broken or I'm doing something wrong. Any thoughts on this issue?

The Su-27 has these properties in the "Advanced Waypoints" (I've tried a bunch of different options and no difference)

1. Search And Engage - 50nm

2. ROE - Weapons Free

3. A2A Weapon Use - By Threat Type & Range
     4. RTB - Bingo Fuel

I've tried both "Fighter Sweep" and "CAP" and the exact same result. I've also tried it with a Russian AWACS and still the same problem. I've even gone as far as setting both to the same frequency and still get the same results. It seems like none of the advanced waypoint actions are being applied to the late activated aircraft, including the initial state of either Fighter Sweep or CAP.

The Su-27 completely ignores the F-15C, and the Eagle, that is set to "Reaction To Threat-No Reaction" heads over and shoots down the AWACS. So this behavior is really frustrating now. This should be really easy to solve and it's not. It must be a bug unless someone can point out something specific I'm not doing.

VAF Late Activation A2A Test.miz

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 5:12 PM, Flappie said:

Your AI units don't have any waypoints. For them, this means "mission is over".

Add a waypoint to them and they will fight, you'll see.

See attached track.

SU27_firing.trk 64.16 kB · 1 download

Sorry Flappie, but what you're saying isn't exactly correct. I've been designing missions for many years and they've always engaged in the past regardless of waypoints when configured with the proper advanced waypoint actions for their initial spawn in. I also can't do that in the mission I'm building because they have to spawn at different random locations so setting a waypoint is impossible. I'm probably going to just bag it and use MOOSE. We use that for our big missions we build and it works all the time with AI aircraft, they simply engage like they're supposed to as long as they have the munitions and you set them to weapons free. This is a real frustrating problem and I really hope that ED can fix some of this stuff because it used to work fine and it sucks to work with the basic editor now because of stupid problems like this. The AI are just a joke to work with right now without using stuff like MOOSE and CTLD.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can state for a fact that delayed activation and uncontrolled start planes will engage. I'm using both methods regularly lately. I've always used WP 1 for engagement commands though, never the starting waypoint. Maybe that has changed on you in the last update.

Yep, I and I figured out what the problem is. I did a lot of testing this morning and if you set any advanced actions at the origin point for late activated units, they ignore them completely. So that pretty much blows any spawn in without waypoints. This is definitely on ED to fix this problem or if this is the way it's supposed to work now, make it not possible to put in any advanced actions at the origin point. This basically hoses me on tons of missions I've done in the past that this used to work fine on and the mission I've been working on is basically trash now.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]