Minor issue -please remove C-17 AI traffic .

Snappy

Dear Reflected Simulations,

first of all, thanks a lot  for this fun and very immersive campaign!  It's proving quite challenging but very enjoyable

due to the great atmosphere you and Bio created for it.

One minor gripe with it. I just finished mission 3 only, but I think in the first three missions already there are C-17s  flying

around as general AI traffic and sometimes Jester even spots them and calls them outw,which is a bit immersion breaking, since the aircraft didn't

exist at the time.

Maybe you could remove those  and replace them by something like C-130? The campaign takes place in 1987, the C-17 had its first flight

in 91 and entered service in 95, so this really is misplaced.

I know you can take era-coherence only so far, and nellis ramp , plus some other stuff probably is not really like in 1987 but this one

should be easy to replace.

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reflected said:

We have no airliners in DCS ...

The Yak-40 is a regional jetliner, in service since 1968 .. I dont know when it was retired from service, but it was in production until 1981. It is available on vanilla DCS, but not for every country.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, Reflected said:

Hi Snappy,

Thanks for the feedback. I used them as airliner replacement. We have no airliners in DCS and the C-17 is the closest. I'm not sure why Jester is calling them out. Set the scanning distance to 15 miles and he'll shut up 😉

Hey Reflected,

thank you very much your reply. I understand the idea of wanting to emulate some overhead  civilian traffic. How about taking one of the military 707 derivate versions like KC 135 or Awacs aircraft as stand ins? They are actually pretty close to the  actual Boeing 707 airliner that flew back then. Or  as another alternative, even  if less similar the B-52?

I mean, if they 're just meant to be able to fly high enough and produce contrails for the setting , those should work well.

Kind regards,

Snappy

52 minutes ago, Reflected said:

First I tried tankers but then they act like tankers too which can get confusing. They all show up in the radio menu.

If you delete their main task ("Tanker" or "AWACS") they shouldn't do that.